Sample Editor suggestions

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Bonkhead

09 Jun 2015

I'm busy with kong, doing drum sample editing and it's a b*tch :frown:
I'm still on R7.1.last but don't notice anything different with demoing 8.

I would like to see these basic functions added:
- Delete selected audio using the DEL key
- Zoom in/out using mouse wheel at mousepoint location
- drag sequencer audio clip to kong pad/nano nnxt back and forth

QVprod

09 Jun 2015

I'd recommend just using the sequencer and then bouncing to samples. You could just use a Block if you want it separate from your song arrangement.

Bonkhead

09 Jun 2015

With 4 kongs, each with 16 samples, just think about the extra time it will take, ugh

I'm in the editor, just a simple delete selected highlighted area, done.
All basic editors have that.

EDit: I see what you are trying to tell me. But what good is it if I can't properly use a drumsampler which actually samples ?
I'm doing all sorts of tweaks inside the rack, each hit different, and a kong next to it to sample it.

Having to record it, bounce to kong and finding out some samples need some extra editing, bounce back to sequencer or trying to find the exact hit .... headache time.

EDIT 2: I added - drag sequencer audio clip to kong pad/nano nnxt back and forth (or is this possible with R8 ?)

QVprod

09 Jun 2015

I see what you mean, when doing all of that I can see where it could be a headache. Perhaps the initial recordings and edits could be done in the sequencer but further fine tuning and adjustments in the sample editor. FWIW I believe bounced samples can be dragged to the sequencer from the browser (where Kong would be reading the files from anyway). I'm still on R7 myself.

I think Kong would pretty much have to be it's own program to ever fully achieve it's potential. 

Aquila

18 Jun 2015

Whenever I can, I use Sound Forge for editing samples.

It would be nice to see Reason's sample editor updated to some of SF's functionality (ie zoom in to sub-sample resolution, enveloped volume adjustments, pencil tool etc) and even beyond (like timestretch, quantize etc without having to render from the sequencer).

• Information