How can I convert and load .fxp patches into KORG rack extensions?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
satelite

07 Jun 2015

I have some patches that I made in KORG Polysix, MS20 and Wavestation along time ago that are in .fxb and .fxp format, because they were saved running the VST'S through Cubase SX.

Now ive started using Reason 8.2 and I want to load the pacthes into the KORG synths which are rack extensions.

So what program do you recommend that can convert these files?

and what file type does the KORG rack extensions take?

-008'

07 Jun 2015

Korg Rack Extensions (and all RE) use the ".repatch" format for patches.

No supported conversions or compatibility for you that I am aware of BUT, *maybe* if you can open those old .FXP patches inside a text editor (like notepad on windows, etc), perhaps then you could transfer the values over to some new .repatch patches? (The .repatch is also text-based, so that you can tweak in a text editor.)

Anyway this method isn't guaranteed to work, and i think some others may be able to describe this better to you. (Koshdukai, are you here?) I'm just trying to help you find out the way to do it. :)
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

Olivier

07 Jun 2015

As far as i know there's no automated procedure for this.
Also, unfortunately, fxp files (patches) and fxb files (banks) are binary files. They are generally not human readable. Whereas repatch files are in XML format and therefor human readable.
I'm afraid you're going to be needing help from the Dev who made up the fxp file to make sense of the data in it. Once you succeeded in that you can probably easily input that data into a repatch file.

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

satelite

07 Jun 2015

hmmm thx guys. ive been researching, how about these programs:

CDxtract
Extreme sample converter
Chicken Systems Translator
FMJ Awave Studio

can any of them convert the files so they will open in Reason?

Olivier

07 Jun 2015

satelite wrote:hmmm thx guys. ive been researching, how about these programs:

CDxtract
Extreme sample converter
Chicken Systems Translator
FMJ Awave Studio

can any of them convert the files so they will open in Reason?
Those are mainly sample converters. I don't think you will have any luck converting vst synth patches into reason RePatches with those. ;)
I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, but i think there aren't any programs who will convert VST Synth Patches into Propellerhead RE patches. (yet)

The only exception i think is the converter for the PX7 here: https://www.propellerheads.se/dx7-px7-converter/
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

eusti

07 Jun 2015

If you still have the original software you could copy them over by setting up a new patch parameter by parameter...
Not super helpful, I know!

D.

nooomy

08 Jun 2015

I asked korg like 2 years ago if they had any plans to create a converter but they said they didnt... Also seams like korg has given up on Re

• Information