Feature suggestions

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
graeme75

26 May 2015

I'm a fairly new user of Reason 8.2 but would love to see the following features implemented

KONG
loading of kit patches, drum samples does not automatically reset all the pan settings and output channels

SEQUENCER
The ability to collapse all notes. The pitch is displayed within the midi note itself

RACK
clicking on the Seq button on a rack device automatically gets master keyboard focus

RE's
Ability to have notes to track on all relevant REs

Gaja

29 May 2015

Yes I agree with these, but I don't understand what you mean by collapsing all notes? Could you elaborate?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

graeme75

29 May 2015

Sure no problem

Say you had entered c3, e4, G5 for example into the piano roll. Collapse would show only those notes you've used and hides all 'unused' notes. Live has something like this

gak

30 May 2015

You mean "folding" I think (or at least, that's how some people understand it)

@Kong: If you do it from the "sample" stage, then that works. But I agree that drag/drop of a sample shouldn't automatically reset. As far as kits are concerned, that is a preset and must be done at the sample level. The workaround is to make a default kit with the outputs you like, and then load samples accordingly....saving those kits as desired. Takes time, but at least you can do it.
clicking on the Seq button on a rack device automatically gets master keyboard focus 
Annoying to be sure, and to add...double clicking a sequencer track should take you to the rack ;)  

graeme75

30 May 2015

Hi Gak

Yep folding is what i was on about :)  

Thanks for the workaround, I'm saving the kits I like with the pan and output settings changed.

I can't however get the SEQ button to work.  If I click on the SEQ button in either the Rack or Mixer it does make the relevant sequencer lane flash but does not allocate it master keyboard focus.
I didnt know about double clicking the sequencer to get back to the rack, cheers

Gaja

30 May 2015

graeme75 wrote:Sure no problem

Say you had entered c3, e4, G5 for example into the piano roll. Collapse would show only those notes you've used and hides all 'unused' notes. Live has something like this
I still don't follow I think. When are notes 'unused'? Do you mean that the notes you used are being highligted on the piano keys on the left?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

• Information