Sequencer mode adding volyme and pan

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Yonatan

23 Apr 2015

I would like to be able to work within sequencer mode and being able to change volymes and pan, and I also want a button that brings up the spectrum EQ window for that channel, as well as two buttons (like in the rack and mixer) that takes me directly to the rack and the mixer channel. It disturbs the workflow having to go to mixer mode every time to change volyme or pan or click the "Rack"-button in the mixer to find associated devices in the rack. 
These things should be a 8.x update as its fundamental workflow issue that everyone is aware of everytime we work.
Small things like these not fixed yet, is the main reasons that have holded me back on the 7 to 8 upgrade.
As well as drag and drop an insert effect directly to a mixer channel. Those things would make the R8 a more complete version as advertised as a workflow game changer. Workflow is ofcourse an continuous evolving thing, but these are fundamental details as I see it. Devil is in the details...

Benedict
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2015

I don't know how you are using Reason but the things you ask for are all there.

You can split the window into several sections so you can see Seq, SSL & Rack all at once. Admittedly this is much nicer if you have two or three screens. Otherwise get really good with F5, F6 & F7.

Speaking of Function Keys F2 will open close the EQ/Spectrum window.

Reason 8 has drag & drop and it works very nicely, have a look at the presentation videos. Actually R7 has D&D to some extent too if I remember correctly.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Yonatan

23 Apr 2015

I only use Reason on a laptop, so I am already in split mode most of the time, and I do know there is work-arounds for many things (not a beginner), but to me I like more options and pressning F5 etc is not my cup of cake, as my macbook dont even show any "F" and I have to push "fn" as well before, so yes its manageble, but not optimal.
I am writing these suggestions as wanted improvements that would make my and others workflow much better. Some ppl like you might be prefectly fine with current layout, but I reflect my experience. 
All ppl dont prefer the same way of working. I use my track or mouse pad alot and its so much easier to have the buttons there in front of me instead of the short keys and if I work in the sequencer I like to have as large view as possible and not having to switch between the three modes as often as I find myself doing at the moment. It´s good to have more options when it comes to workflow IMO.

I had forgotten about the F2 bringing up the spectrum EQ, I will try to use it while in Seq mode. But I still want a real button as its easier when I am at a little distance, not fiddling with keys (as its a two button operation).

• Information