Drag & Drop out of Reason - not just into

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Leighbeater

06 Feb 2015

Drag & Drop out of Reason, when they announced there was drag & drop being implemented i thought how cool is that, but then i realised they only went half way.

I want to be able to drag out of reason and drop straight into Melodyne standalone, since we haven't got Melodyne or something like that in Reason yet. How cool would that be.

Conspiracy theory - I am starting to think maybe they did this on purpose so it didn't hurt RE sales, imagine it was easy to drag audio out of Reason and process it elsewhere then drag it back in,all within a flash of the eye. Am i reading too much into this?

EnochLight

06 Feb 2015

Leighbeater wrote:Conspiracy theory - I am starting to think maybe they did this on purpose so it didn't hurt RE sales, imagine it was easy to drag audio out of Reason and process it elsewhere then drag it back in,all within a flash of the eye. Am i reading too much into this?
Non-conspiracy theory: they planned to add more via drag & drop, but just didn't have time.   ;)   I'm willing to wager you'll see more drag & drop features added as it matures in future releases.  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

craven

06 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote: Non-conspiracy theory: they planned to add more via drag & drop, but just didn't have time.   ;)   I'm willing to wager you'll see more drag & drop features added as it matures in future releases.  
What supports this theory are the problems with Midi drag & drop, which is completely unfinished. 

I think it was a great move to include drag & drop in Reason, it's just sad that we are asked to pay for an update that feels a bit rushed. Then again, most of the features work as they should and users like them. They will hopefully get all the crucial updates for free while the rest of us can wait until Props deliver a finished package, so we can join the fun (drag & drop, browser, amps, discover, new apple look :comp: ).

:ugeek:

• Information