Beat Map Wizard

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
elizzle

02 Feb 2015

I don't if any of you are familar with Sony Acid Pro.  But, the only feature I use it for is the Beat Map Wizard and I can't find another program like it.   What the program does is helps you determine the BPM of a song.  FLstudio has this TAPTEMPO thing but I don't think it is spot on and it needs to be for REMIXING purposes.

But yea.  Just an idea so I could use one less program.

Theo.M

06 Feb 2015

elizzle wrote: I don't if any of you are familar with Sony Acid Pro.  But, the only feature I use it for is the Beat Map Wizard and I can't find another program like it.   What the program does is helps you determine the BPM of a song.  FLstudio has this TAPTEMPO thing but I don't think it is spot on and it needs to be for REMIXING purposes.

But yea.  Just an idea so I could use one less program.
Logic and cubase have a complete beat mapping that is an improved version of acids, will allow you to find the exact tempo of a song.

elizzle

06 Feb 2015

Do you know of the cheapest method?  It seems kind of silly to purchase logic or cubase solely for the beat mapping wizard.   I wonder if it comes with an entry level cubase or something?

Theo.M

06 Feb 2015

elizzle wrote:Do you know of the cheapest method?  It seems kind of silly to purchase logic or cubase solely for the beat mapping wizard.   I wonder if it comes with an entry level cubase or something?
Are you on mac? $199 for logic is around the cheapest DAW...
Logic even has a bpm detection plugin to get you in the ballpark.

I know it might seem overkill but when you want to do a remix using midi and one original audio file, and don't want to use stretching on that file, logic's beat mapping is simply the best way to do it.

Don't forget you can return it in 3 months if you aren't happy and get a refund through the itunes report a problem link.

Will check for the entry level cubase versions for you, as well as reaper and get back to you.

Oh, don't forget the new video posted here a few times in the forum called tempo mapping in reason. That will help you also.

Cheers!

Theo.M

06 Feb 2015

Ok I found out, only the top tier Cubase has this, which is at least 2x as expensive as logic.

reaper's is a sucky workaround.

So do it this way in Reason, or Logic. That's honestly all I can recommend, i don't know any other way.

Cheers

Reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at33phHJOcA

elizzle

07 Feb 2015

I watched the beat mapping video but it has like 15 steps.  I will just continue to use the Sony Acid Pro version until Propellerhead includes a beatmapping plugin/software.  Thanks for your help!   Hopefully, they take the hint and realize its a cool program/feature.

pushedbutton

07 Feb 2015

Yeah it's kinda why they invented the Rex file,
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information