My main R9 wants:

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Gaja

05 May 2015

@alkua
I have a question about strip silence, as I've never undersrood what it does and why it would be desirable. Could you (or anyone, really) enlighten me on the subject please?
And then if you're interested EditEd4TV has created a workaround for proper fader groups, which he explains in detail here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GT7h_KvQFWg
It's a bit cumbersome indeed, but if you really desperately need fader groups it's better than nothing.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Alkua

05 May 2015

@Gala

The video that you post is about group faders, and Reason already do it by routing to a mix bus. VCA fader is a little different. With one fader you can increase or decrease the volume of multiple channels. in group fader you increase or decrease the sum of the volume, with VCA fader increase or decrease each one.

This is a old picture of the strip silence on Protools
The strip silence remove automatically the part of the clip that the volume is below of the Threshold. This type of work we have to do it manually which take time depending track are in project. This process can be achieved with a gate but with a strip silence is much better because you can use fade in/out curve and you can select the part that you need to apply. With a gate has to be to the entire track.
Attachments
ptstripsilence7.l.jpg
ptstripsilence7.l.jpg (34.4 KiB) Viewed 2383 times

Gaja

06 May 2015

Actually you should try out the CV group thing, because it lowers the levels of all the tracks attached to it without touching their individual faders or summing anything, by trimming via CV in. So with one fader you control as many channels levels as are attached.

Thanks for the info about strip silence. It's basically a destructive gate, a bit more flexible, but once applied changes the source material. Interesting how different people work :)
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Alkua

06 May 2015

@Gaja

You right about CV grouping. It kind of the same concept (CV control voltage, VCA voltage control amplifier). But in that case I probably use Selig Gain Rack Extension.

About the strip silence, it is not destructive, you can expand the clip back, At least on Logic Pro.

Gaja

06 May 2015

Ah alright, cool... The few cases I need a Gate I'm happy with the choices I have, but here's to hoping your dream will be fulfilled :)
Cheers!
Fredhoven

simon flower

10 May 2015

Notes to track, for the love of Reason!

iramrezso

13 May 2015

• Option to allow lock external MIDI device to selected rack extension automatically.
  • Notify external controller about channel strip selection change, and allow to select channel strip from external controller.
  • Allow edit keyboard shortcuts, and allow to assign keyboard shortcut to any menu option.

dvdrtldg

21 May 2015

I use other DAWs and am happy enough to work outside of Reason for those tasks it doesn't handle all that well.

There's one thing, and one thing only, that I keep bumping up against and really wish they'd change: too few CV inputs in the Combinator. Four just isn't enough!

avasopht
Competition Winner

21 May 2015

One word, ... More ;)

craven

21 May 2015

simon flower wrote:Notes to track, for the love of Reason!
I wonder why note to tracks for REs is not here already, it's part of my workflow and I refrain to use some REs (that I already bought) because I wish for this feature. Hopefully it's next on their todo list.
:ugeek:

esselfortium

21 May 2015

Please, pretty pretty please let us attach the browser to the rack.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Exowildebeest

21 May 2015

esselfortium wrote:Please, pretty pretty please let us attach the browser to the rack.
^This.

Let me use that drag&drop!

avasopht
Competition Winner

21 May 2015

My wants are simple:
  1. Automatic delay compensation
  2. MIDI / multi CV / data routing 
  3. Loading user samples in Rack Extensions
  4. Allow the smart stretch to work with multiple takes (yes I know it is tricky and error prone for obvious reasons, ... but I trust in the mighty PH to make it work)
  5. Allow track offset value (for manual delay compensation)
  6. Internal Rack Extension routing (Thor has this fantastic feature that allows a single Thor instance to behave as if it is multiple devices connected together)
  7. Smart track joining, such that tracks with multiple takes that have been split, when joined do not contain two copies of the same original take
  8. SSL channel and MBC as Rack Extensions :D actually there is an SSL channel and MBC in Pod Farm, but not only does it look like it's being discontinued, but it was always incomplete in failing to allow modification from inside Reason

nooomy

21 May 2015

i would like to have more option on the spectrum analyzer. like slower response and fall to easier find fundamental tones in drums to easier tune drum.

ghost midi notes, so u can look at the bass midi notes while u program a lead

i would also want it to be possible to send midi sync to more than one midi channel

I also want a grain sampler!!

manisnotabird

30 May 2015

Tempo detection.

stephensmattlee

30 May 2015

For me it would have to be..

Curved fades for audio regions, as well as to be able to zoom more vertically on the waveforms.
Improved graphics to support higher display resolutions.
New and improved NNXT sampler instrument.
A darker theme/look so that sessions are more easy on the eye after long periods of working.

ravisoni

04 Jun 2015

Mono button
Simultaneous, visual Pre and post EQ (in the spec analyzer), sort of like fab filter.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

gak

05 Jun 2015

Hmmmmmmmm. 

Just in case someone from props is looking.......audio "groove" control :D (I'm sure I've already said it more than once)  :s0221:

stephensmattlee

06 Jun 2015

What are people's opinions on when we're likely to see Reason 9 announced? I know Reason 8 has been out for a while now and new major updates have been coming on average yearly for the last few years (6.5 included). I'm gonna say we'll see an announcement for v9 within the next few months with a release date set for around September time.

tiker01

06 Jun 2015

stephensmattlee wrote:What are people's opinions on when we're likely to see Reason 9 announced? I know Reason 8 has been out for a while now and new major updates have been coming on average yearly for the last few years (6.5 included). I'm gonna say we'll see an announcement for v9 within the next few months with a release date set for around September time.
There was a June sale (ending on the 30th) last year then Reason 8 was announced in July and released on the 30th of September with a grace period starting on the 1st of July AFAIK. So who knows maybe PH will release Reason 9 at the end of the year. However, seeing the frequency of the point releases 8.1 and 8.2 plus the new update system suggest that they might have decided to release major versions less frequently and to roll out new features in point releases. This also suggest that Reason 9.0 will not contain all the features PH envisioned and they will be rolled out later through the lifetime of Reason 9.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

craven

06 Jun 2015

tiker01 wrote: There was a June sale (ending on the 30th) last year then Reason 8 was announced in July and released on the 30th of September with a grace period starting on the 1st of July AFAIK. So who knows maybe PH will release Reason 9 at the end of the year. However, seeing the frequency of the point releases 8.1 and 8.2 plus the new update system suggest that they might have decided to release major versions less frequently and to roll out new features in point releases. This also suggest that Reason 9.0 will not contain all the features PH envisioned and they will be rolled out later through the lifetime of Reason 9.
I was also thinking about these possibilities and I hope it does not take too long for Reason 9. Skipping an update can be tough :) I start to have a strong desire for some Reason 8 features, mainly the browser and drag and drop.
:ugeek:

Nocturn789

11 Jun 2015

- GLOBAL Sidechain :D
- Oscilloscope (automatic frequency match)
- advanced blocks (ableton session style)
:reason: v10.4
:recycle: :re:
Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM, Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Behringer X-Touch, Nektar Impakt LX61, Livid DS1, Novation LaunchPad Mini
Pioneer DJM-900NXS2, 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2, Korg Kaoss Pad 3

Gaja

17 Jun 2015

Nocturn789 wrote:- GLOBAL Sidechain :D
- Oscilloscope (automatic frequency match)
- advanced blocks (ableton session style)
What do you mean by global sidechain?
What does automatic frequency match mean and why do you need it?
Advanced blocks might introduce some problems, when two blocks play the same instrument at the same time and other difficulties (such as probably incredible cpu use). So clip launching with Blocks will only work of you introduce a freeze function into the equation. But freezing takes a bit of time, so a live and on the fly block launching wouldn't work properly. But I like the idea of it and would really love to see the Props' take on this.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Gaja

19 Jun 2015

Alkua wrote:@Gaja

You right about CV grouping. It kind of the same concept (CV control voltage, VCA voltage control amplifier). But in that case I probably use Selig Gain Rack Extension.

About the strip silence, it is not destructive, you can expand the clip back, At least on Logic Pro.
Ha! Believe it or not, yesterday was the first time I used strip silence. Saved me possibly two hours of work, so thanks for bringing it up.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Alkua

19 Jun 2015

Alkua wrote:@Gaja

Gaja wrote: Ha! Believe it or not, yesterday was the first time I used strip silence. Saved me possibly two hours of work, so thanks for bringing it up.
Yeah, it is a time saver.

• Information