My main R9 wants:

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
FATCheese

04 Feb 2015

I want a "Coffee with milk" button in R9!
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

boobytrap

04 Feb 2015

1. Improvised New M-Class Mastering Suit and Subtractor.

2. New Thor2

3. Clip Launcher or enhanced Block editor.

VCA Faders.

5. Dark &
VECTOR Color Themes. 

Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

LBN1

06 Mar 2015

+1 for rewire host or drag and drop from other daws to avoid rewire all together. I think reason has come a long way and is a little late on on the whole rewire master. This is my single biggest wish among all the other features mentioned.

WeaponizedCornflakes

09 Mar 2015

boobytrap wrote: 1. Improvised New M-Class Mastering Suit and Subtractor.
2. New Thor2. 

What sort of improvements do those devices need? And a new Thor?! Are you already bored with the Thor we have? :crazy:

gak

09 Mar 2015

That's always my first question, just saying "new x" doesn't say much. I know I don't speak for everyone, but I'd like to hear specifically what it is your are missing or would like to see improved when requesting a version upgrade.

@Neptune: The only thing I've used in reason that is think is worthless. As a guitar player, I'd love to see something that tracks better (or less artifacts I guess is the same)

Currently, it's useless to me. 

Last Alternative

09 Mar 2015

I'm with you, gak. I never use Neptune because it sounds like garbage. It's 2015. PH made a cheap tuner and never made it better. It needs an overhaul or we need a new transparent one all together. The artifacts Neptune makes are unacceptable for a professional song.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Yonatan

10 Mar 2015

I agree with Neptune, how many times I have wished it were more sophisticated and useful for real productions, not just as an "Autotune"-thing. I have tried to use it as a harmonizer, and it´s just too robotic and destruktive to the sound. If somone knows better ways to do really good harmonizing (without singing it all manualy), I have a listening era.
Effects aimed more for getting better sound of the voice would be helpful. I tried those things in an analog 24ch studio, and it frustrates me that much of the computerbased at least in Reason, lack something...I mean when tweaking things, they end up artificial and almost as you can hear the "pixels". But in some cases I do get quite good results from Neptune, one just have to be very careful and sensitive with it. So, I would like to see an upgraded version ahead, why not a refreshment of some of the other stock devices too. Prop does not always have to bring many more totally new devices, a few extra improvments or additions to already existing devices would be equally exciting from my point of view.

chimp_spanner

15 Mar 2015

I'm not actually too sure what I'd want to see in Reason 9. I mean there's definitely room for workflow improvements, but I have a feeling that most people are expecting something big in the way of a new device or two. Truth is, Reason already has a lot of bases covered instrument and effect wise. I've spent a fair amount of money over at the Re store only to find out that the stock instruments already did the same job. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say no to a new device! I've got a wishlist, as have we all haha. A virtual Electribe or something would be sick. One device, with a rhythm section and two or more synth voices would be incredible. I'm all about saving rack space these days and doing more with less.

But yeah in terms of actual functionality, audio handling could be better. It still feels a bit bolted on. Also previewing notes while nudging with the arrow keys would be awesome. It's a tiny feature but I really miss not having it compared to Cubase.

gak

15 Mar 2015

I think I mentioned these in another thread but what I'd like to see:

-Comp lanes freely movable. Maybe I like both takes and right now you can't simply drag the second take over to the track.
-Bounce for instrument tracks with a right click mod. It's kinda funky doing it right now.
-Groove able to be used with audio. I mean, it slices the audio so you'd think that it should have a groove option.
-Some midi improvements (forgive me if you can already do these but I can't figure out how) : Select all note of the same by double clicking the key, arrow keys move notes, full screen midi edit (I'm old)
-Markers/marker track (shouldn't be a big problem)
-Return to L loop marker at stop/freely movable loop section.

That's all I can think of for now. No reinvention of the wheel, just some general enhancement features. Doubt most will happen but it's a "wants" thread :)

Gaja

25 Mar 2015

gak wrote:I think I mentioned these in another thread but what I'd like to see:

-Comp lanes freely movable. Maybe I like both takes and right now you can't simply drag the second take over to the track.
-Bounce for instrument tracks with a right click mod. It's kinda funky doing it right now.
-Groove able to be used with audio. I mean, it slices the audio so you'd think that it should have a groove option.
-Some midi improvements (forgive me if you can already do these but I can't figure out how) : Select all note of the same by double clicking the key, arrow keys move notes, full screen midi edit (I'm old)
-Markers/marker track (shouldn't be a big problem)
-Return to L loop marker at stop/freely movable loop section.

That's all I can think of for now. No reinvention of the wheel, just some general enhancement features. Doubt most will happen but it's a "wants" thread :)
i agree about the groove on audio thing. That would make great sense.
You can select all notes of the same by right clicking and selecting select all notes of same pitch (or something like that, I don't have Reason near me right now). You can move the notes with the arrow keys by holding cmd on a mac, so probably ctrl on win. I'm not to sure about what you mean by full screen midi edit, but the largest possible solution (I know of) would be to have only the sequencer selected (F7) and the browser hidden away (F3) that is as full screen as I can come up with right now.
What exactly do you mean by freely movable comp lanes? You can actually move the comp lane to the end of the clip and then cut it in sequencer view and arrange like that. Yeah it's a workaround, but it might get you closer to what you want, so I thought I'd share.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

gak

25 Mar 2015

Appreciate it ;)

Yeah, you can get from point a to b w/o any terrible, but as we agree, it would be nice if reason did that since it already chops things into rex2 anyways. 

CharlyCharlzz

26 Mar 2015

I want rebirth on New Gameboy 3ds with new modules and all in a 3d studio with racks and take and thor :)

and for reason 9 I want new stickers in the box and a TR-9  RE ,  or a crazy sampler update or new rack and if I fallow what somebody sayed before :
(multitrack recording)Image
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Namahs Amrak

27 Mar 2015

Mp3 rendering at 320k

Reinstatement of patch browsing

Flexibility with the new device browse window location

Native audio-to-MIDI conversion

A bigger color pallette
My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

27 Mar 2015

And an overhaul of the soundbanks! Particularly octorex sets of 'real' rock/metal drums and with a range of time signatures.
My Words are my ART

tyerac

24 Apr 2015

Here's mine
  •  Better audio fade in/out points (Rounded and shelf type selectors for smooth fade in/out)
  • A native video player. media playback for filmscoring
  • Audio to midi conversion (Native)
  • Rewire Host
  • mp3 export
Thats about it but with Props focus on letting the third party boys create the new instruments & effect RE's... then hoping they have time to update the program features.
I'm keeping it ALL in Reason.... Within Reason.

chimp_spanner

28 Apr 2015

Ooh another one would be real time MIDI modifiers so you could apply transposition to a track before the notes get recorded, impose musical scales, or set up custom velocity curves. I'm having to hammer the hell out of my poor keyboard to get to the hardest hits in Reason Drum Kits. 

Gulale

02 May 2015

Last Alternative wrote:-a stock MADE BY PROPELLERHEAD multiband compressor
-a stock MADE BY PROPELLERHEAD channel strip for insert processing
-more colors for the love of Gosh
-audio editing:
*crossfade in the sequencer applied to audio clips
*ability to easily adjust volume on the clip like in ProTools and practically every other DAW - for example easily lowering sibilance and raising low parts to make it easier to compress, less taxing on Selig REs, etc
-reference track- like any mixer channel but this one would be for mixing against commercial music and have absolutely zero ties to anything but the master volume and the (my next want....)
-MONO button!!!
-fill in that blank white spot on the mixer with a dang master EQ
-HP knob on the mixer bus compressor

That's pretty much it.
I don't know about protools clip gain but I know I work on Harrison mixbus and reason is light years behind to that. you don't slice them like a bread to fix a gain in mixbus, you just can adjust it simply. It doesn't create any kind of pop click whatever you name it.
I need Harrison mixbus kind. Yap since version six I've been begging them to bring the EQ with more band and curve they never did. I wish they brought us one. and also the miltiband compressor is critical. Not only mono button phase colleration meter on Master channel. 
Gulale aka Bereket

Gaja

02 May 2015

How do you do it in harrison? If I want to adjust just the level of a single word or syllable, I use the tazor tool to select the word, then just adjust clip level and done. I get no clicks or pops, or any audible artifact, unless I cut right through a syllable. In ProTools you can do it without slicing, by just selecting an area, but then the changes will not be displayed, which is why most people on PT I've talked to about this don't use it like that, which is actually a step more than in Reason.
Or maybe did I misunderstand the problem?
Mono button is so easily created that I don't even bother thinking about it, when I need it. I usually just route everything to a master bus, before going into the actual master, so I can use the spectral eq etc., which makes it possible to do a mono check with the press of a key (although you could even do it without having two master busses).
But I certainly agree that a phase correlation meter would be a welcome addition, but I know JP has a RE that can do it.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Dan Topic

02 May 2015

Nice wishes guys. I agree with the most written here. Just small things to change that really annoy me now:

Why the h*ll is the Gain knob so high in SSL mixer? Could be close to slider where the channel level meter is so I can see directly the volume and don't have to scroll up and down.
The same for Master compressor. Why isn't it close to the meter???
Snapping in sequencer. Why is there a roll down menu? There's so much space! Could be direct buttons [BAR, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 etc.] I switch among them really often.
When copying some instrument why does it loose the path for browsing a patch?
The combinator programmer. The values of the knobs could change accordingly to the usage. E.g.: when using for echo which is synced to the beat it should read 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and so on instead of 1:0 - 1:127 ratio which says me nothing in this case.

I don't know if something of this has been solved in v.8, I'm running 7.1.
Still Reason is a great piece of software and I love it. Hope v.9 will be even better. I skip v.8. The money I use for buying some REs instead.

Gulale

02 May 2015

this video will show you about clip gain in Mixbus right on 1:39 
from the way you explain about protools I think it is similar. I never used protools so I don't know Gaja. 
Dan Topic just you know I'm on version 7 waiting these things to come on 9.
Gulale aka Bereket

Aquila

03 May 2015

katerli1 wrote:+1

and:

- rewire master
- sdk 3 (with notes to track, interchangeable panels, faster maths)
- blocks updated with more functionality four jamming (something similar to abletons clip view)
- updated combinator with more cv connections, more rotaries, interchangeable panels maybe? where you can chose between more knobs buttons, faders…)
- updated emi (more knobs to control the the cv parrameters)
- updated and better integrated drag and drop functionality like drag and drop send effects to the ssl
- untie browser from the sequencer
- automatic latency compensation (i know thats a complete complicated to do one…)
- the ssl with additional choseable more send effects busses (maybe one click for doubling the send effects to 16?)

These are pretty much exactly what I've been hoping for since Props finally decided to support MIDI out.
The Rewire Master, Combinator upgrade, EMI enhancements and a SDK update for better sequencer integration are high on my priority list.

I'd also be very keen on a sophisticated clip launcher, for quantised live triggering of a multitude of sources such as Blocks, Samples, REX loops, MIDI phrases, and even CV or paramater automation. All in a 4x4 or 8x8 button panel.

An overhaul of the Blocks functionality could enable layering of multiple blocks, exporting an entire block as a REX loop, or even saving blocks for triggering on the aforementioned clip launcher.

Lower on my priority list, but would still interest me would be a choice of GUI colour schemes or even skins. Darkening the sequencer, transport controls and maybe even the mixer may only be a cosmetic change but can drastically impact the creative mood of the user.

EntityMusicEnt

05 May 2015

I'd like to see the audio and mix channels metering follow whatever the master channel is set at. Example: Master channel is set to peak, mix and audio channels display peak and so forth.

+1 on more frequency bands available in the spectrum EQ

I'd like to see Kongs routing get a makeover. Using separate outputs is a PITA.

+infinity for a new sampler!

More audio editing features in the sequencer.

Can we please get rid of the 0-127 scaling in the sequencer for adjusting volume and fader levels and such? Those parameters should display what the knob or fader does in dB or percentage etc...

Faster RE SDK development! Load samples to RE's, folding panels in RE's, copy midi to track/sequencer... Hell just make the SDK equal to what it is to make standard Reason devices.
:PUF_figure: :reason: :re: :ignition: :record: :refill: :reload: :rt: Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen - Blue Spark - NI Maschine Mikro mk2 - Nektar Impact LX25 - Motif ES6 - Sony MDR-7506 - Presonus Eris E5

Alkua

05 May 2015

1. Better Zoom and larger clip size vertically

2. Select tool in the Sequencer 

3. Master Rewire

4. More fade in/out curve 

5. Crossfade outside comp editor

6. Strip Silence

7. Delay compensation

8. Neptune Graphic Mode

9. VCA Faders

10. Channel folder

11. Filter in the master compressor

12. Mono master Button

13. Channels Peak meter option

Unfortunately, these features are basic stuff that you can see them in all others DAWs.
I don't know why Propellerhead take so much to make these basic functions available.

zakalwe

05 May 2015

I've got the most hope for a sequencer upgrade in reason 9, given that they already tweaked the MIDI sequencer clip editing and there are way more people who use reason for recording these days.  it is kind of painful to use compared to the competition.

• Information