My main R9 wants:

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
gak

15 Oct 2015

At blocks: It's not a lack of enthusiasm, it's lack of understanding how to use them vs "the old fashioned way"

Except for the real estate issue, it just seems easier to do it w/o blocks. Then again, asking for this feature is not in any way shape or form undesirable :)

Creativemind

29 Oct 2015

Last Alternative wrote:I also wish the mixer's spectrum analyzer wasn't so delayed to respond. It's hard to get a true representation in real time. And I wish it had more frequency points.
So there is latency on the Spectrum EQ? not noticed but still a relative novice at actually reading one to be fair.

I also noticed there needs to be more frequency points. More like 7. You can't get down as low as 20hz can you.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

29 Oct 2015

hydlide wrote:- Checkbox "Are you Rack oriented ?" (preference tab)

If the thing is checked, it doesn't automatic jump back to the sequencer when I right click on a knob and click "Edit automation".
You're talking about automation by recording it in then I presume. 'Cause if you want to draw it in, then it's obviously what you need it to do, switch to the sequencer.

I hope the Props read this feature request section on here. Hope they're listening haha!
Last edited by Creativemind on 29 Oct 2015, edited 1 time in total.

selig
RE Developer

29 Oct 2015

Creativemind wrote:
Last Alternative wrote:I also wish the mixer's spectrum analyzer wasn't so delayed to respond. It's hard to get a true representation in real time. And I wish it had more frequency points.
So there is latency on the Spectrum EQ? not noticed but still a relative novice at actually reading one to be fair.

I also noticed there needs to be more frequency points. More like 7. You can't get down as low as 20hz can you.
What are you wanting to do down at 20 Hz?
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Exowildebeest

29 Oct 2015

I don't think a couple of milliseconds latency is relevant when it comes to visualisation - your brain causes a lot more latency in its visual processing by itself!

What could help though, is an exact frequency value displayed when you hover the mouse over a certain point :)

Creativemind

29 Oct 2015

Leighbeater wrote:I would like to be able to drag audio and midi straight out of the seuqencer onto desktop or into another DAW so I didn't need to rewire

Also would like to able to edit more than one track at once so I could line up audio and midi easier
I know it would save time but you can just export a midi or audio clip. Be nice if you could just export a midi or audio clip though and not have to export the whole song or delete stuff to get the exact bit you want. S'pose you could bounce it.

Is there any difference in file between Bouncing a song say and exporting a song as an audio file?

Creativemind

29 Oct 2015

There's probably about 60 things we need in Reason be honest. We'll be waiting till Reason 10 for all of them (probably). I'm stunned that quite a lot of (what I consider) minor but still valid or important things haven't been addressed way way before now.

As Reason 8 was workflow based, why wasn't midi editing completed (or as far as I would say completed, I have 10 or so wants here, see my thread on this) and why wasn't an Undo Events List added. Needed this so many times. Might seem silly, but it's a much needed thing. To be able to undo something 20 undo's ago without affecting or undoing all you've done after, 20 events.

Also in 8.3, why did they add 12 extra colours and not just give us the full shabang like you see in MS Paint, choose any colour? and change the sequencer background colour and ink colour in the clips too, as you can't see the notes and stuff on some dark clips with black ink.

Why are we still waiting for punch in/out markers for the sequencer and linking of faders in the mixer?
Also 'Freezing of Tracks', 'Auto-Save', a 'Notepad', 'Having all three screens work in conjunction with each other as regards order and labelling' & 'Automation in the right values, I.e - decibels or herts' and a button to show you decibels or hertz if the parameter isn't displayed in it.
Why isn't there a 'Save As Earlier Version' option in the file menu so people like me that had a different version that the one they had at college can work on projects at home and at college.

Just a lot of little easily fixed things imo.

Creativemind

29 Oct 2015

selig wrote:
Creativemind wrote:

;)
Wouldn't you like to know haha!

No, seriously, the audible range of hearing is 20hz-20khz so we should be able to adjust there.

Last Alternative

29 Oct 2015

^I just roll kick and bass off @ 30Hz to 50Hz. It's all rumble headroom killer down there anyway. Also I wish we had steeper roll-off options on the SSL spectrum eq.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

selig
RE Developer

29 Oct 2015

Creativemind wrote:
selig wrote:
Creativemind wrote:

;)

No, seriously, the audible range of hearing is 20hz-20khz so we should be able to adjust there.
But you already CAN adjust there: with the HPF and the Low Shelf - and I should add that we can hear/feel MUCH lower than 20 Hz, it's just there's no pitch perception down that low.
I guess my question would be: what are you recording down there that needs adjusting?
Or to put it another way, what do you use 20 Hz adjustments for on EQ's that CAN go that low? Serious question btw, not trolling…
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Exowildebeest

29 Oct 2015

selig wrote:
Creativemind wrote:
selig wrote:
Creativemind wrote:

;)

I guess my question would be: what are you recording down there that needs adjusting?

Earthquakes.

Creativemind

30 Oct 2015

Lol! Exwilderbeast.

I haven't really needed to EQ down that low, just thought it strange it didn't cover the whole 20/20 range and thought at some point sooner or later it would be needed.

Creativemind

18 Nov 2015

boobytrap wrote:1. Improvised New M-Class Mastering Suit and Subtractor.

2. New Thor2

3. Clip Launcher or enhanced Block editor.

VCA Faders.

5. Dark &
VECTOR Color Themes. 

Subtractor2 and Thor2 would be amazing. To start with, adding up to 6 voices on each, and also a way of converting the frequency cut off on Subtractor into Hz.

Wook

18 Nov 2015

A sampler that is actually useful. Something like Ableton has done with new Simpler.

Creativemind

19 Nov 2015

Leighbeater wrote:I would like to be able to drag audio and midi straight out of the seuqencer onto desktop or into another DAW so I didn't need to rewire

Also would like to able to edit more than one track at once so I could line up audio and midi easier
I actually needed this the other day and made a post about it.

Creativemind

19 Nov 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Mp3 rendering at 320k

Reinstatement of patch browsing

Flexibility with the new device browse window location

Native audio-to-MIDI conversion

A bigger color pallette
Yeah just have a full colour pallet like in Abelton or Paint with a little circle to go to any colour you so desire :-) They're always limiting stuff on Reason.

Like the Undo's, it's great they increased the (incredibly measly) 30 undo's to 300 in 8. something, but FL Studio has unlimited I think or certainly 999.

Creativemind

19 Nov 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:I use other DAWs and am happy enough to work outside of Reason for those tasks it doesn't handle all that well.

There's one thing, and one thing only, that I keep bumping up against and really wish they'd change: too few CV inputs in the Combinator. Four just isn't enough!
It's annoying, either use Reason or not in my opinion. They should bring Reason up to the standard of most 2015 daws with features.

Data_Shrine

22 Nov 2015

A minor thing, but I'd like it if they improved on the R8 control bar. It takes too much space, and looks weird.

• Information