$20 upgrade to R8 with no Softube amps

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
jfrichards

23 Jan 2015

Just heard this song on Discover from Hypervox and it made me think of this idea:  A $20 upgrade from 7 to 8 with no Softube amps.  Nice recording done with Take by the way.

http://phead.mu/s/1oxsp3kM

eusti

23 Jan 2015

Very cool actually! :)

Edit: Both actually: The idea and the song.

D.

esselfortium

23 Jan 2015

Though it sounds okay enough on its face, I'd imagine that this would really confuse the pricing structure for Reason 9 and beyond.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

djfm1983

23 Jan 2015

I also wish there was a cheaper upgrade option without the virtual amps. My guitarist refuses to record anything else but the real thing.
soundcloud.com/djfm1983

jfrichards

23 Jan 2015

esselfortium wrote:Though it sounds okay enough on its face, I'd imagine that this would really confuse the pricing structure for Reason 9 and beyond.
Probably not since they already made the Softube amps independent Rack Extensions for $69 each, like Synchronous, Audiomatic, and Pulsar for $49 each, all of which may or may not be included with R9.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

23 Jan 2015

jfrichards wrote: A $20 upgrade from 7 to 8 with no Softube amps.
The Softube amps are meant to replace the Line6 devices one day, so it would be stupid not getting them. One day Refill producers will rely on the presence of those, and If you don't own them, you'll probably be miffed.

joeyluck

23 Jan 2015

jfrichards wrote: A $20 upgrade from 7 to 8 with no Softube amps.
JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote: The Softube amps are meant to replace the Line6 devices one day, so it would be stupid
JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:not
JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote: getting them. One day Refill producers will rely on the presence of those, and If you don't own them, you'll probably be miffed.
Or you could get Kuassa amps and replace any missing Softube ones with those.
Or just avoid buying combinator heavy ReFills...  I prefer device patch ReFills myself.

Jagwah

25 Jan 2015

I hate those stupid amps >: (

*-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P *-_____/*\_____-* :x  *-_____/*\_____-* :comp: *-_____/*\_____-* :P

elizzle

02 Feb 2015

I would be all pissed if they did this considering I just paid $129 for the upgrade....

jonheal

02 Feb 2015

At first I thought this was an actual offer from Propellerhead ...  :?

I think an upgrade cost that low would cheapen the product. Giving an update away for free equates to generosity, but a $20 upgrade to a $400 product would come across as desperate to me.

Anyway, if it's their "best-selling upgrade ever" I don't see where they have much motivation to drop the price a nickel.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

colindias

17 Feb 2015

I also liked the e idea of the $20 upgrade sans the softube amps ... the softube anps do cost somewhere around $69 each and while they seem to be charging $129 for the upgrade the softube amps are free ... as they are charging them outside the purchase of R8.... hmmm

i just upgraded from R4 to 7 , i would have been better off buying R8 and get the offers too of the REs ...

Just my thought on it ... what is right what is wrong... hmmm

pushedbutton

17 Feb 2015

It's not gonna happen.
You don't even get synchronous free it you upgrade now.
I just hope R9 comes with more stock devices or sharing Reason files is going to become an expensive nightmare....

'Oh you trial'ed that RE when it came out and bought a different kind? Well I use this one, if you want to collaborate that'll be €79 for a device that does pretty much the same thing as the one you have. Audio stems? hmmm. well I was hoping you could take a look at this cv rooting that I've spent the last 2 weeks on, never mind.'
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information