User customizable keyboard shortcuts

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
jimbailey

23 Jan 2015

Anyone else wish they could modify keyboard shortcuts? For software I use often, I try to keep a consistent shortcut scheme across all of them (mostly video production apps), which greatly helps my productivity. I can't believe the shortcuts in Reason are non-customizable when so many other "pro" apps are! I instinctively searched through everything in the GUI to change them before looking online and finding it's apparently not possible. Am I missing something? Would this be a major problem for Props to address? I noticed in the sticky that ESC is used inconsistently as well; maybe their implementation of shortcuts on the programming side too messy to allow user customization?

tiker01

23 Jan 2015

Yes I do.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

plaamook

23 Jan 2015

These helped me out a load. I'm on a Mac but there may be windows equiv out there. No idea.

1) You can create short cuts in OSX on a per app basis in System Pref>Keyboard>Short Cuts. Anything on a drop down menu can be made into a short cut.

2) Better Touch Tool. Turns  the track pad into a power house. You can map all sorts of gestures to different functions, again on a per app basis. I've got it mapped to the function keys for Rack/Sequencer/Mixer. Really great.

Not THE answer, but after getting into this I worry much less about whether I can edit the Reason shortcuts.

Hope this helps
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

jimbailey

24 Jan 2015

Plaamook: Thanks for the tips! I'm going to check out those two options today, will report back with my results for those who are interested. I never knew OSX allowed for system originated per app shortcuts!

jimbailey

24 Jan 2015

The keyboard shortcuts available in System Preferences unfortunately only modify menu items, but I'll definitely be using my new shortcuts for Exporting Song and Bouncing Tracks.

Better Touch Tool, on the other hand, is awesome! It isn't just limited to Trackpads and such, but also allows you to create custom keyboard shortcuts to trigger Reason's native shortcuts. So for example, V is now a shortcut for the Razor tool by mapping it to Reason's shortcut R. This is a terrific workaround for what I was trying to do. I'm not a huge fan of gestures, just never got them into my workflow, but if you use gestures a lot you can do the same with your trackpad.

Thanks again plamook! It's a little thing, but this will make Reason much more enjoyable for me!

• Information