Death by a Thousand Cuts

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
AttenuationHz

26 Oct 2017

joeyluck wrote:
26 Oct 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
26 Oct 2017

Well I wouldn't say outdated because most of what is on it is constantly being requested! First I've seen of it! If it was kept pinned there wouldn't be a wash of threads pushing new requests down.
Well it is outdated and much that is on the list has been implemented. It's misleading. There are other collective threads in which users contribute their most wanted features.

Maybe someday it will be updated. Or if someone else would like to start a new thread and take on the upkeep of the first post, we can pin that.
Yeah tried that already didn't take! There's only a handful of things that have been implemented. I'd say it is older than 3 years too because its from the PUF.
Go through the list and you'll be guaranteed to find new and recent requests in it! For instance mute/solo safe. I requested that myself a while ago without seeing this thread by definition my request was outdated. If it is an old request it doesn't mean its outdated it just means it has not been implemented. :lol:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

joeyluck

26 Oct 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
26 Oct 2017
joeyluck wrote:
26 Oct 2017

Well it is outdated and much that is on the list has been implemented. It's misleading. There are other collective threads in which users contribute their most wanted features.

Maybe someday it will be updated. Or if someone else would like to start a new thread and take on the upkeep of the first post, we can pin that.
Yeah tried that already didn't take! There's only a handful of things that have been implemented. I'd say it is older than 3 years too because its from the PUF.
Go through the list and you'll be guaranteed to find new and recent requests in it! For instance mute/solo safe. I requested that myself a while ago without seeing this thread by definition my request was outdated. If it is an old request it doesn't mean its outdated it just means it has not been implemented. :lol:
Well it's not just about striking things off the list, but also adding things to the list. Multitimbral support? VST3 support? It's simply an old list. And having things remain on the list is misleading to new users as well as some current users. It's still here and can be pinned if it gets updated. Maybe Jiggery-Pokery is too busy these days.

Or maybe it would be a good idea to create a new thread if another user would be interested and enthusiastic about keeping track of a list of features ;)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

27 Oct 2017

joeyluck wrote:
26 Oct 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
26 Oct 2017

Well it's not just about striking things off the list, but also adding things to the list. Multitimbral support? VST3 support? It's simply an old list. And having things remain on the list is misleading to new users as well as some current users. It's still here and can be pinned if it gets updated. Maybe Jiggery-Pokery is too busy these days.

Or maybe it would be a good idea to create a new thread if another user would be interested and enthusiastic about keeping track of a list of features ;)
I was thinking about this thread the other day and wondering whatever became of it ;)

I'm certainly happy to update the OP and strike out anything that's been done, and add stuff to the list if there's a demand for a go-to list, but I don't have time (or, I suppose I do have the time but lack the will to live) to actively compile an update. But if someone fancies doing the compiling and posting here or a PM in a reply, I'll update it.

Back on PUF I added to the list based on whether there was an active demand beyond merely one guy asking for it, so it wasn't simply someone makes a request and it got added. It had to be, effectively "seconded".

(FYI, the original list was 2011 or 2012)

edit: Actually, editing is locked. I can't update it anyway. ;)

joeyluck

27 Oct 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
27 Oct 2017
joeyluck wrote:
26 Oct 2017

I was thinking about this thread the other day and wondering whatever became of it ;)

I'm certainly happy to update the OP and strike out anything that's been done, and add stuff to the list if there's a demand for a go-to list, but I don't have time (or, I suppose I do have the time but lack the will to live) to actively compile an update. But if someone fancies doing the compiling and posting here or a PM in a reply, I'll update it.

Back on PUF I added to the list based on whether there was an active demand beyond merely one guy asking for it, so it wasn't simply someone makes a request and it got added. It had to be, effectively "seconded".

(FYI, the original list was 2011 or 2012)

edit: Actually, editing is locked. I can't update it anyway. ;)
Hmmm... are you sure editing is locked? Can you edit any of your posts?

Would be cool if you wanted to update it :puf_smile: And now we have the strikethrough text feature which would be beneficial.

AttenuationHz

27 Oct 2017

A few of my posts where locked for editing earlier. A website setting was changed too and they are back to normal. There was a time out on it or something...

I'll see if I can get the time to gather a list though would probably need some help.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

EdGrip

28 Oct 2017

All the NNs - timestretching.
I'm not asking for much - only the ability to have a sample remain the same length at different pitches across the keyboard. Y'know, like all the old samplers that the NN idea is based on. I had to buy TAL sampler to do this. Reason prides itself on having good timestretching - so use it! Or don't, just do some simple old-school timestretching, whatevs, just argh, it should be there.

scratchnsnifff

01 Nov 2017

Automation curves, 8 knobs 6 buttons and a 35 slot matrix in case of cv routing and because sometimes programming multiple parameters to a knob happens in dubstep :) a combinator learn function for vsts instead of the painstaking group hunting! Or like the OP said right click and have it be an option to assign parameters to combinator knob. Better implementation of backdrops :) just have it available for most if not all stock synths at least. Idc if it wouldn’t work for REs but it’d be perfect for Europa because of all that blank canvas. A proper stock multiband toolbox or multiband dynamics processor for multiband distortion compression etc oh and new scream 4 algorithm please :) or like I suggested a stock distortion where you can draw the curve in which the amplitude is distorting like izotope trash2. It would be amazing if the props teamed up with izotope to make a new line of either stock dynamic effects or even Re. Europa needs either more wavetables (at least as many as Thor or malstrom) it’s sorta trivial but Iv never seem a wavetable synth with so few? Thor unison or at least the auto stereo routing like the OP said. A malstrom or now a “grain” oscillator. And finally any cpu improvements and especially Re sdk improvements/any vst improvments but I’m more caught up on REs so please take care of your own platform than the vst world :p I’m happy with only having a handful of vsts in my songs that’s all I honestly need. And the vst part, I truely speak for myself Iv seen many others who are wanting reason to have better implementation of vsts. Lol this is my list of additions that I think would be beneficial and would help workflow not sure how hard all of this would be to take care of. But please please please at least all of the combinator options :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Re8et
Competition Winner

02 Nov 2017

I can see the props...
Mmh what are these? Requests?
No. No..... 3...8..88..95... No... Maybe... No... ok time for a catwalk...
Boss: Hey have you read the feature request?
Who? me? Naaa, see I'm working on the new graphics, as you asked... (phew...)
I saw you catwalking!
;)

Tumble

15 Nov 2017

chaosroyale

15 Nov 2017

Seeing as how Props seem quite stubborn about listening to user requests, rather than overloading the developers with thousands of features, it might be more effective to take a poll of the top 5 "must have" features that people are waiting for and make a very simple "TOP 5 user requests" that can be updated each time a new revision comes out.

I sometimes see excuses made on the internet that "every user wants something different so of course Props can't fix it all"... Well, I'm pretty sure that Hi-res GUI and updated Combinator have been requested by nearly everyone for at least the last couple of years.

davidicus

18 Nov 2017

BROWSER: optimize for faster navigation of network drives. viewing directories can be glacial.

• Information