Front Ends..

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
bitword

20 Jan 2015

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but it would be nice to have different front end emulations for tracking (i.e. Neve / API / ETC -> Analog Tape / ADAT-ish digital / ETC, and then just use the SSL emulation for mixing.  Not uncommon in the real world.

What say you?

djfm1983

21 Jan 2015

bitword wrote:I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but it would be nice to have different front end emulations for tracking (i.e. Neve / API / ETC -> Analog Tape / ADAT-ish digital / ETC, and then just use the SSL emulation for mixing.  Not uncommon in the real world.

What say you?
I think only the dynamic section, eq and buss compressor have been emulated. There's no way to drive the input on the channels themselves to obtain any saturation that would occur on a real ssl console. So in my opinion it's not even a real ssl mixer emulation, only the layout,dynamics, eq and buss compressor have been emulated.
After I recently purchased the Slate Digital virtual console collection, virtual mix rack and virtual buss compressors (which have a ssl console, ssl eq and ssl buss compressor emulations) I can honestly say the Reason mixer is not truly emulating a ssl mixer. Driving the SSL console channels (VCC) adds some nice saturation. As far as the SSL eq (in the VRM) I haven't compare the difference in sound if I boosted the same frequency in the same amount (I should test that out) and I also haven't compaired the SSL buss compressors either. That would make an awesome experiment to do. I should do it and post it in the form here.
I agree it would be awesome if Reason were to implement a Real SSL, Neve, API, Trident, ect... emulation where you could drive the channels for saturation and maybe even the mixer layout could change in appearance to match the consoles.
soundcloud.com/djfm1983

• Information