Incremental Saves

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Raveshaper

18 Jan 2015

I often do incremental saves on my projects and it would be nice to be able to turn on an incremental save mode when I need it.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

Yorick

18 Jan 2015

Yes, or automated backups or something

tiker01

19 Jan 2015

I think both would be good and even better together. For example in Word you can set up how often you want an auto-save but it overwrites the previous version. It would be better if the file could contain its history and you could set up how often you want to have a saved version with some kind automatic identification. Moreover you could use undo redo as the project would contain all steps.

But to brake it down at least add options e.g. include date and when one presses save as it should prompt to project X version YY.reason

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

normen

19 Jan 2015

Mix versions combined with a save history, I became quite dependent on mix versions in Logic, theres always the moment where a client says "Forget all what I said, can we go back to v3? I think that was the best one." In Reason I have to save separate versions of the file which can waste a lot of disk space for audio projects given that all audio is saved in the project file.

selig
RE Developer

19 Jan 2015

normen wrote:Mix versions combined with a save history, I became quite dependent on mix versions in Logic, theres always the moment where a client says "Forget all what I said, can we go back to v3? I think that was the best one." In Reason I have to save separate versions of the file which can waste a lot of disk space for audio projects given that all audio is saved in the project file.
Man, I suggested "versions" back a while for Reason, and now see that Logic has this exact feature - come one Reason, this would be VERY handy for me even when not working with clients! :)
Selig Audio, LLC

MarkTarlton

22 Jan 2015

yup!! incremental savings without having to save gigs of audio with every version!

craven

22 Jan 2015

MarkTarlton wrote:yup!! incremental savings without having to save gigs of audio with every version!
maybe versions could be nested in the main project file - that way, there won't be a need to save the audio again (which would be possible with that solution if one decides to).
:ugeek:

rvman

22 Jan 2015

Another YES! to this.
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

selig
RE Developer

22 Jan 2015

MarkTarlton wrote:yup!! incremental savings without having to save gigs of audio with every version!
craven wrote:
maybe versions could be nested in the main project file - that way, there won't be a need to save the audio again (which would be possible with that solution if one decides to).
That's what I suggested years ago, and what Logic does now. You don't have to close a file, just choose a different version to hear. 

The entire production process, not just mixing, can use this approach to versions IMO. Trying different edits or different overdubs, keeping versions as you progress (breadcrumb approach), and of course different mix versions either for yourself or to satisfy a picky client. 

And once you can save just the song data without the audio data, you can export that data which would help when collaborating over the web etc. But I digress, incremental saves would be nice.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information