Extended Audio Editing

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
eusti

18 Jan 2015

with editable crossfades, please.

D.

tt_lab

18 Jan 2015

eusti wrote:with editable crossfades, please.

D.
+1Billion

ionly

18 Jan 2015

eusti wrote:with editable crossfades, please.

D.

That was my single biggest gripe with R7 when I purchased. Automation is fine, but a workaround nonetheless. Something as simple as a one point user-defined curve would be sufficient enough

tiker01

19 Jan 2015

While we are at it I would love to be able to join audio clips and preserve their volume fades.

Now one first have to bounce each clip to new recording which prints the volume fade into audio before joining clips

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

selig
RE Developer

19 Jan 2015

tiker01 wrote:While we are at it I would love to be able to join audio clips and preserve their volume fades.

Now one first have to bounce each clip to new recording which prints the volume fade into audio before joining clips
Indeed - it does nothing for my confidence to read about how audio may change when joining clips - why on earth should ANY audio change when you join clips? The more I think about it the more I wonder how Reason will get out of the corner it's painted itself in with regards to audio editing. 

How will they deal with editing multiple phase coherent tracks? How can you comp groups of tracks? How can you add crossfades if you don't need to comp anything? 

There are SO many extra clicks in the program designed to reduce clicks and keep things simple. Arrg!!!!!
;(
Selig Audio, LLC

eusti

19 Jan 2015

selig wrote: Indeed - it does nothing for my confidence to read about how audio may change when joining clips - why on earth should ANY audio change when you join clips? The more I think about it the more I wonder how Reason will get out of the corner it's painted itself in with regards to audio editing. 

How will they deal with editing multiple phase coherent tracks? How can you comp groups of tracks? How can you add crossfades if you don't need to comp anything? 
Very glad I'm not the only one freaked out by that message! :P

And as much as I like Reason I don't feel it's there in regards to audio editing...

D.

tiker01

21 Jan 2015

Yeah. Lets hope they won`t screw it up while enhancing the workflow.  :s0238:

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

• Information