Browser on second screen

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
sQeetz

23 Jun 2024

Hello!
I've Reason 13 and I really wish it was possible to drag the new browser to a second screen.
Softube plugins, for example, have completely separate windows for their preset browser.

zyphos

26 Jul 2024

Yeah it's pretty crazy that the browser is confined to the application window. Also ridiculous that you can't dock it on the side. Functionality like this has been a staple of most programs for an eternity. Would really love to see both of these implemented. Haven't been a huge fan of the new browser, but just these features would basically make my other complaints disappear.

esme

27 Jul 2024

i would like to put the browser on second screen also.

tobypearce

28 Jul 2024

I hadn't read this before trying R13 on my dual monitor setup for the first time.
I actually thought "well, on the laptop I haven't really liked the new browser yet, but at least here I can drag it onto the second screen, keep it open and try and learn to like it.

No, though: even with an entire second screen going begging, it has to sit within the confines of the main window, always blocking other stuff.

(And whilst I'm on the subject, I've been a loyal and faithful Reason user since Reason 3. One of the features I've always liked most is the inviting visuals. Reason is colourful and its visual aesthetic has always been consistently strong, and anything but dull. The new browser just so, well, monotone! It looks a bit like it's lifted from Ableton.)
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

selig
RE Developer

28 Jul 2024

tobypearce wrote:
28 Jul 2024
I hadn't read this before trying R13 on my dual monitor setup for the first time.
I actually thought "well, on the laptop I haven't really liked the new browser yet, but at least here I can drag it onto the second screen, keep it open and try and learn to like it.
I'm a "use it and close it" guy myself, but I still don't understand the limitation of the window restriction for the new browser.
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

28 Jul 2024

I think the browser being restricted to the app/plugin window is a way of avoiding the possible issues of it being hidden under windows. This browser, while non-modal, requires that you confirm or cancel. It could become messy when you think the browser is closed and don't realize the state of the browser. If it were possible to implement, I'm thinking it would need to be a preference setting, maybe with a disclaimer...or some other very clear indicator in Reason of the state of the browser.

For that reason, of the requests for it to be dockable or completely separate, I would think the chances of it being dockable would be greater. I think the whole reason why it's restricted to the app window is a sort of compromise between the benefits of docked (always a part of the app window) and separate window (can be moved around within the app window). My guess is they would be less likely to consider making it completely separate rather than docked, but I could be wrong.

tobypearce

29 Jul 2024

Quite possibly.
The one thing that I do a lot - a lot - is grab a small number of very frequently used plugins while I'm missing - ProEQ, Simplon etc. They have always been right there on the left (saved as default presets and then available right in the old browser as a patch). It was frictionless.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

• Information