Copy / Paste values of devices + Add input field for values

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
aquil

19 May 2024

I recently was building a patch in Europa and enabled the spectral filter for OSC1 to cut the lows. Now i want to do the same for the OSC2, so i enabled spectral filter on OSC2 and i was thinking it would be nice when i just can copy the filter freq value and paste it where i need it. Now i need to manually set the value for the filter freq.
I think a simple copy / paste via context menu would be a nice time saver. Reason could internally convert values, when i'm pasting a 0-127 value to a 0%-100% value.
With this copy / paste mechanism, a simple right click "Enter value" would be really nice, too.

PhillipOrdonez

19 May 2024

Double click to enter value like everywhere else, please!

huggermugger

19 May 2024

Europa has one major flaw - you can't copy one engine's settings to another engine. Not sure what they were thinking when they made this design choice, but clearly they weren't thinking about the user.

huggermugger

19 May 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
19 May 2024
Double click to enter value like everywhere else, please!
One of the many workflow limitations that Reason will never correct, and one of the reasons I can't take Reason seriously.

crimsonwarlock

19 May 2024

huggermugger wrote:
19 May 2024
one of the reasons I can't take Reason seriously.
I tried to type in a value on my hardware analog delay, but it isn't possible. Obviously, I can't take these hardware delay units serious :lol:
-------
Reached the breaking-point. CrimsonWarlock has left the forum.

Pepin

19 May 2024

I don't think global copy/paste is essential, but synths like Europa absolutely should have copy/paste between the different engines/oscillators.
I don't mind matching settings on older synths like Malstrom where the controls are all visible at once, but it becomes very tedious when tabs are involved.
RS seem to have realized this since Objekt and the upcoming Polytone both have this feature.

Perhaps Europa could be updated some day. In the meantime, I sometimes use a Combinator like this to control all 3 engines:
Attachments
EuropaCombi.png
EuropaCombi.png (38.39 KiB) Viewed 495 times

huggermugger

19 May 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
19 May 2024

I tried to type in a value on my hardware analog delay, but it isn't possible. Obviously, I can't take these hardware delay units serious :lol:
I can't take people seriously who try to type a value on their hardware analog delays. :mrgreen:

• Information