Keep UNDO-history after save

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
moofi

21 Jun 2022

Most of the times when I´m saving I cannot undo anymore afterwards because the UNDO-history is being erased.

So within the process it often happens like it just did, that I did something not fitting, hadn´t saved before, saved then (before knowing it wouldn´t fit and could merely return to the previously saved version, while wiht UNDO it would have simply been a few steps. If it´s erasing because of the thought, just having saved and a history wouldn´t be necessary anymore, so you can free memory, I would recommend including an option wether the UNDO-history is being erased after saving or simply continues.

WOO

21 Jun 2022

Yes that would be very nice feature to have.

huggermugger

22 Jun 2022

I tested this in Reason 11 (OSX). After starting from New and saving the song for the very first time, the undo history did get lost. But after that, saving didn't erase the undo history.

moofi

25 Jun 2022

Gonna test aswell eventually when it´s actually erasing or when it´s keeping the UNDO history. It´s indeed not always the case, hence I wrote often, just haven´t done any tests to find out yet.
huggermugger wrote:
22 Jun 2022
I tested this in Reason 11 (OSX). After starting from New and saving the song for the very first time, the undo history did get lost. But after that, saving didn't erase the undo history.

• Information