automatic track coloring/characteristics based on tags in track name

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
guitfnky

14 Nov 2019

it would be cool if we could set up user-defined tags (gtr; vox; bass; snare; etc.), then define a track color (or maybe even some channel settings) to associate with the tag. when the tag gets added to the track name, it automatically inherits the appropriate track color and/or channel settings.

I imagine there would have to be some rules in place to handle potential conflicts (if you’ve got a track with two or more tags in it for some reason, maybe it updates based only on the first tag it finds, for example). probably also a good idea to have some options for what happens when a tag is used:
—option to automatically inherit characteristics any time a tag is used/changed
—prompts user to confirm whether to apply color or channel strip settings, or both
—option to automatically inherit the first time for a given track, then prompt any time that track’s name is changed

it would be awesome for my workflow, and would eliminate the time I spend managing track colors on a project. not that I spend a lot of time on it, but it would be one less thing to have to think about.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information