Brush Tool ?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Busta US

01 Nov 2019

I've been using Reason 11 for few weeks just for experimentation but I purchased it mainly for the Rack VST :) I think the roll notes is a new addition to Reason 11 (my bad if it's not....), I'm just wondering do you guys find this tool practical? In the sense of say rolling drums. Because to me the fact of having to click twice to start and end the roll and only on one specific line is super absurd. I don't mean to sound egocentric, I know my opinion strongly comes from the fact that I'm not used to Reason...But I usually draw notes in my first-choice DAW's sequencer much faster than in Reason's sequencer thanks to a tool called the "Brush Tool", which basically lets you draw notes in the sequencer faster and anywhere and not only on one specific line.

Yonatan

02 Nov 2019

When I tried the new roll notes tool in R11 beta, I intuitively felt very limited not being able to paint freely with it, one could have that instead as a standard and just click on a key command to make it stay at one line only.

Also, the inability in sequencer to lock to a key is lacking in Reason. Yes, one can use scales and chords but it is not a good workflow.

I do have Logic but mainly used Reason.
So my point is that these things are intuitively things one feels the need of when working on midi note editing or composing inside the sequencer.

As of now, one need to be a steady skilled keyboard player in traditional way, with just minor needs for editing here and there, to feel that Reason sequencer is enough as of 2020. Hope to see some more love put on the sequencer ahead. They have started on 10.4 and continued adding a few things in 11, may it excel onwards.

Busta US

07 Nov 2019

Yonatan wrote:
02 Nov 2019
When I tried the new roll notes tool in R11 beta, I intuitively felt very limited not being able to paint freely with it, one could have that instead as a standard and just click on a key command to make it stay at one line only.
Yes that's exactly how Logic works! It has a key command for drawing notes on a straight line. There's also a command line to change the grid of the brush (1/16 , 1/8, etc..) for faster roll painting.

That in Reason would be phenomenal.

Creativemind

07 Nov 2019

Yonatan wrote:
02 Nov 2019

Also, the inability in sequencer to lock to a key is lacking in Reason. Yes, one can use scales and chords but it is not a good workflow.

I do have Logic but mainly used Reason.
So my point is that these things are intuitively things one feels the need of when working on midi note editing or composing inside the sequencer.

As of now, one need to be a steady skilled keyboard player in traditional way, with just minor needs for editing here and there, to feel that Reason sequencer is enough as of 2020. Hope to see some more love put on the sequencer ahead. They have started on 10.4 and continued adding a few things in 11, may it excel onwards.
Yeah, sad to say but most of the new features in R11 seem to be the most basic implementation of said feature.

The crossfades should have been vertically maneuverable as well as horizontally with multiple curve choices.

The curved automation should have had multiple curve options too with quantizeable automation, paste in-able shapes and saveable automation clips thrown in.

The vertical zoom should have been appliable to multiple tracks at once up to a maximum amount.

The octave shift should have had a keyboard shortcut to send notes to the beginning of the clip too and...

The Show Played and Selected Notes should have also included a shading across the relevant note row in correspondence with your midi controller key depression and note displays too.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information