Ability to fold individual players

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
tobypearce

25 Jun 2019

I'd like to be able to fold individual players - at the moment you can only fold all or none.
Use case:
Kong with 2 drum sequencers players to control all 16 pads.
Most of the time I only need 8 pads or less, so I'd like to fold the player that triggers 9-16 out of the way.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

lowtom

25 Jun 2019

+1
:reason: :refill: :re:

PhillipOrdonez

25 Jun 2019

Yes please

Re8et
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2019

yes

BRIGGS

26 Jun 2019

The lack of individual player device folding keeps me from using more devices...could be a good or bad thing depending on your workflow.
r11s

joeyluck

26 Jun 2019

BRIGGS wrote:
26 Jun 2019
The lack of individual player device folding keeps me from using more devices...could be a good or bad thing depending on your workflow.
Oh yeah it's terrible. If I'm working with a chain of Players attached to a RE instrument, there is no way for me to access the player at the top of the chain and the instrument (naturally at the bottom) at the same time. And there are many Players in a chain for me that are 'set it and forget it' (and I would be happy to fold and be done with) and others that I spend more time editing (and always want access to).

I've also requested the ability to fold individual Players many times. I think one of the problems they created for themselves is that they didn't introduce it from the beginning. So existing Players would need to be updated. Boombastix had a good suggestion that existing Players could maybe be updated with a generic folded view. More discussion here: viewtopic.php?p=450543#p450543

But that said, as I mentioned in that comment, there are only 10 developers who have made and released Players.

- Enlightenspeed
- Le Note Live
- Lectric Panda
- LoveOne
- ReTouch Control
- Robotic Bean
- Selig
- Static Cling
- Tonic Mint
- Zvork

Propellerhead should just nip it in the bud while it's still feasible. I don't think it's that hard to get 10 developers on board. Any developers object?

• Information