Drum Sequencer Pattern Chaining

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Jackjackdaw

18 Apr 2019

I know you can set up an automation lane in the main sequencer but it doesn't work very well because when the main sequencer is playing then drum seq display flips through each pattern as it's played. You can't work on a single pattern while the chain plays through. And when you press stop , the drum seq displays no pattern at all.

I set up a bunch of pre automated blank pattern chains into blocks. 32 beats, 64 beats etc. That I thought I could start building on but it didn't work well at all.

Just a simple pattern chainer function in the player device would be excellent. A long pattern plays all the way through while I choose which part of it I am editing. Just like on Redrum would be fine.

PhillipOrdonez

18 Apr 2019

When you stop it, and no pattern appears, you can still click the pattern numbers and they will appear again and become editable.

zoidkirb

18 Apr 2019

Have you seen Poobears tutorial on running Drum Sequencer patterns from Thor? It's in the tutorials and techniques section. Very useful trick I use all the time

Data_Shrine

18 Apr 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Just a simple pattern chainer function in the player device would be excellent. A long pattern plays all the way through while I choose which part of it I am editing. Just like on Redrum would be fine.
This is ridiculous that they haven't implemented that at this point. I'm not holding my breath.
I still prefer to use Redrum ( a much, much older device, that's also much better..)

owlymane

04 Jul 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
18 Apr 2019
I know you can set up an automation lane in the main sequencer but it doesn't work very well because when the main sequencer is playing then drum seq display flips through each pattern as it's played. You can't work on a single pattern while the chain plays through. And when you press stop , the drum seq displays no pattern at all.

I set up a bunch of pre automated blank pattern chains into blocks. 32 beats, 64 beats etc. That I thought I could start building on but it didn't work well at all.

This is a brilliant idea. Never knew about such thing until I read your post. I remember when I first started reason I thought there was a way to chain several matrix in order to have longer patterns, because I found the pattern selector to be quite limiting as well.

There should be a chainer to that 16-step Drum Sequencer RE. Maybe create a Player that can chain Player sequencers together? :idea: :think:

• Information