The Echo 2

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Creativemind

16 Nov 2018

Hi Everyone!

Might have mentioned this before but....

You can't do a whole bar echo on The Echo, what would be the reason for that?

So anyway, The Echo 2...add a whole bar echo and also add a volume parameter at the end of the signal chain so you can increase the volume back to where it was before it was decreased after you applied The Echo and also have an AUTO button above it to automatically adjust to it back to where it was if you don't want to do it by ear.

Can't understand why both of these features weren't just logical to have been implemented from the get go.

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Loque

17 Nov 2018

The longer the delay times the higher the memory consumption is. That might be a reason 10 years ago, but not today. So, I agree I want at least 1 or 2 bars of delay time.

I don't want a gain control, but separate dry/wet control. But i guess because lack of PDC and knowledge of users they didn't implemented it.

I am not a big fan auf auto-gain, because it may lead to uncontrolled volume changes. Well, if it is turned off by default it is ok.

I often miss a bit more CV control für The Echo so i need to use a Combinator where I cannot change the base value that easily anymore.
Reason12, Win10

Creativemind

17 Nov 2018

A lot of Reason devices could do with an update.

Oquasec

17 Nov 2018

Up to props. Wouldn't do much harm to modify the modules for 9/10 users.
If they don't they can just make updates with more europa's & grain devices.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Creativemind

18 Nov 2018

Oquasec wrote:
17 Nov 2018
No thanks!

Don't add more devices and leave others to go stale.

Oquasec

18 Nov 2018

Oh yeah hold up that's what Rack extensions are.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

scratchnsnifff

18 Nov 2018

Creativemind wrote:
18 Nov 2018
Oquasec wrote:
17 Nov 2018
No thanks!

Don't add more devices and leave others to go stale.
I completely agree, I think it’s better to remodernize existing products as opposed to making entire new ones.

But the weird part of it all is, is that what could be added isn’t that much extra,

For example a nn nano or grain osc oscillator type inside of Thor, some new distortion types, maybe a unison engine?

All are features that only add to existing features, as for the echo. It’s in the same case. I personally think the echo is about as good as I need, except that i find that I always need to have it as a send effect to get a louder delayed signal. I’d like to just have it thrown inside a chain of devices

Overall I know Iv thought of some crazy add ons here and there. But i really wish they would take a look at older devices every 5 big updates or something (at least with Thor) it’s a synth that will stand the test of time but new Small features are fun for all parties :)

I will hold on to hope, because rv7000 mk2 and the older example of Dr. Rex to Dr. Octo Rex, the live sample button in all sample based products, and user wave table in Europa (most modern example of user request update to a synth)

Oh and parsec 2, if I recall correctly parsec 1 had many requests after release
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

selig
RE Developer

19 Nov 2018

Creativemind wrote:
16 Nov 2018
Hi Everyone!

Might have mentioned this before but....

You can't do a whole bar echo on The Echo, what would be the reason for that?

So anyway, The Echo 2...add a whole bar echo and also add a volume parameter at the end of the signal chain so you can increase the volume back to where it was before it was decreased after you applied The Echo and also have an AUTO button above it to automatically adjust to it back to where it was if you don't want to do it by ear.

Can't understand why both of these features weren't just logical to have been implemented from the get go.

Thanks!
You can double the delay time by using Offset R and engaging Ping-Pong mode (but feedback will still apply to the right channel at the original delay time). You can also use two Echos in a row to get longer delay times, as with any delays.

As for level, it's pretty consistent for the most part. I always recommend using send/return for those times you want full control over tone and levels of FX, which gets around any problems you may be experiencing.
Selig Audio, LLC

Creativemind

24 Nov 2018

I think the reason some stock devices don't have the right measurements on the parameters (Thor has) and some don't (Subtractor doesn't) and various other elements that don't seem uniform between devices sometimes is because they were programmed / designed or both by different people.

• Information