Bounce loop with tails

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
stfual

21 Oct 2017

Everyonce in a while I hit stop during song playback and hear something really interesting in the tail effects that i'd like to capture .
I'd like the option to bounce a loop or sample with tails.
I can do this by cutting the loop at the boundaries and then muting of moving everything after the right boundary, moving the right loop marker and then bouncing the loop.

A nicer way to do it would be
Mark the loop with the left/ right markers
Mark stop recording with the end song marker
Have an option to bounce loop with tails

Loque

21 Oct 2017

As ableton has it since i tried it around 10 years back...
Reason12, Win10

tronam

22 Oct 2017

stfual wrote:
21 Oct 2017
Everyonce in a while I hit stop during song playback and hear something really interesting in the tail effects that i'd like to capture .
I'd like the option to bounce a loop or sample with tails.
I can do this by cutting the loop at the boundaries and then muting of moving everything after the right boundary, moving the right loop marker and then bouncing the loop.

A nicer way to do it would be
Mark the loop with the left/ right markers
Mark stop recording with the end song marker
Have an option to bounce loop with tails
It already bounces with tails, although it’s not separately configurable. Try extending the end of a bounced sample and there should be more there by at least several seconds.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

stfual

23 Oct 2017

tronam wrote:
22 Oct 2017
It already bounces with tails, although it’s not separately configurable. Try extending the end of a bounced sample and there should be more there by at least several seconds.
Tried both bounce loop and export loop - no tails. Reason 9.5, Windows 10
Below shows export, bounce and the file i get if i mute and move the right marker (with tails)
loop Tails.jpg
loop Tails.jpg (109.93 KiB) Viewed 733 times

tronam

23 Oct 2017

Strange. During the R9 beta I remember testing this very feature right after PH added it. Perhaps this only works when using the new Edit > Bounce in Place feature and not the full bounce/mixdown interface.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

• Information