Reset all channels

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Djstarski

26 Feb 2016

I do a lot of mixing in Reason and sometimes i want to start the mix from scratch again . So having a reset all channels would be great .i have to reset each channel one at a time and if you have a heavy track count it could take some time .

Kenni
Site Admin

26 Feb 2016

Moving to "Propellerhead Feature Request" - This forum is only for bugs and suggestions on Reasontalk.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Djstarski

26 Feb 2016

sorry my bad

pushedbutton

26 Feb 2016

Sounds like a fair ask. I hope you don't feel my suggestion is overstepping the mark but if this is a common problem you're coming across perhaps you could look into how using mix busses could simplify the process of mixing a bit. Not that I know how you work or anything but I used to have the inclination to just start over but if you work on each group of sounds and can easily isolate the drums, the bass section or any other group of instruments or vocals you want to pay attention to you tend to spend less time throwing work away and more time getting to the root of the problem. I'm not that knowledgeable about drums so being able to have a channel for each drum and then a mix channel to treat at 'the drum kit' makes it so much easier to see what's going on. But I digress. Carry on.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Ahornberg

26 Feb 2016

saving a copy before you start mixing makes it easy to go jump to the start

Djstarski

26 Feb 2016

pushedbutton wrote:Sounds like a fair ask. I hope you don't feel my suggestion is overstepping the mark but if this is a common problem you're coming across perhaps you could look into how using mix busses could simplify the process of mixing a bit. Not that I know how you work or anything but I used to have the inclination to just start over but if you work on each group of sounds and can easily isolate the drums, the bass section or any other group of instruments or vocals you want to pay attention to you tend to spend less time throwing work away and more time getting to the root of the problem. I'm not that knowledgeable about drums so being able to have a channel for each drum and then a mix channel to treat at 'the drum kit' makes it so much easier to see what's going on. But I digress. Carry on.
i hear what your saying , but i can get carried away sometimes when mixing . and i`ve add some devices on individual channels and it would be nice to reset all the channels at once .

selig
RE Developer

26 Feb 2016

+1
It would be nice if the Reason interface was more consistent across the board. In the sequencer if you select multiple tracks and then do "something", it will affect all selected tracks. Same for in the Rack with selected devices. The only place this doesn't seem to work as expected is in the Mixer IIRC, specifically with the channel commands "reset all channel settings", "clear insert FX" and "create parallel channel". There's plenty of times I've wanted/expected to do exactly this and wondered why it's not possible.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Ahornberg

26 Feb 2016

if you select all the channels you want to reset in the rack and do "reset device" then in works

Djstarski

27 Feb 2016

Ahornberg wrote:saving a copy before you start mixing makes it easy to go jump to the start
That is a good idea . The only things is sometimes i will start mixing from that copy and save it by accident and i`ve lost that copy .so Reset all channels would be a God send for me .

raccoonboy

29 Mar 2016

Djstarski wrote:
Ahornberg wrote:saving a copy before you start mixing makes it easy to go jump to the start
That is a good idea . The only things is sometimes i will start mixing from that copy and save it by accident and i`ve lost that copy .so Reset all channels would be a God send for me .
I have a shortcut 'Command 0' to clear mixer channels and I'll press that then the right arrow to move to the next channel in the mixer and repeat the proccess. Saves a lot of time.

Not sure how to do shortcuts on PC but on the Mac it's in the system settings.

Ahornberg

29 Mar 2016

raccoonboy wrote:
Djstarski wrote:
I have a shortcut 'Command 0' to clear mixer channels and I'll press that then the right arrow to move to the next channel in the mixer and repeat the proccess. Saves a lot of time.

Not sure how to do shortcuts on PC but on the Mac it's in the system settings.
doesn't work on PC, but anyway ...

AttenuationHz

30 Jul 2016

Always Save-As! But yeah this would be good to have if not in context an option in save as.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Troyvasanth

01 Aug 2016

+1
Yes. I had a hard time resetting all channels individually.

• Information