Win a 1 hour zoom call with some guy?

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
User avatar
BumCuddle
Posts: 72
Joined: 26 Jul 2021

Post 03 Nov 2021



Call me cynical but this just seems like a ploy to get subscribers to sign up to this sample site?

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2666
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 03 Nov 2021

I tried to read an article online, and I got hit by a paywall. Seems like a ploy to get randos to sign up to their site.

My name is Sini Cal. I am a time traveler from the 11th dimension. I could tell you more about my story, and why I can make you rich with the stock markets of the world, but first you need to join my Patreon. I need the money to fix my flux capacitor.
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 4017
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 03 Nov 2021

😂

video title: win a one hour session with X producer
video content: “who is X producer, and why you should want to talk to him for one hour”

pretty sure if I don’t know the person beforehand, I’m not gonna give a shit about talking to them. 😅
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 4017
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 03 Nov 2021

it really seems like they’re trying so hard to seem relevant. which is ironic, because they ARE relevant. trying to look cool just makes them look desperate.
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

User avatar
BumCuddle
Posts: 72
Joined: 26 Jul 2021

Post 03 Nov 2021

guitfnky wrote:
03 Nov 2021
😂

video title: win a one hour session with X producer
video content: “who is X producer, and why you should want to talk to him for one hour”

pretty sure if I don’t know the person beforehand, I’m not gonna give a shit about talking to them. 😅
I get the feeling this guy is an acquaintance of someone at RS seen as he lives in Sweden and they have managed to blag a 'collab competition' with the Reason bods to promote his sample site Wahzaa or whatever it is?
Problem is it seems you need to create an account to access any samples you will be using and the site is one of those 'free trial but we need your credit card details in advance' ones and I'm not prepared to float £120 into the ether to enter a competition to win an hour with some dude I've never heard of.
Come on props, you can do better than this.
Would also like to point out that any music you do make using samples from the site cannot be distributed unless you have a subscription with wahzaa which of course you have to pay for so any songs that do come from this competition are unusable elsewhere.
Last edited by BumCuddle on 03 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2865
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Nov 2021

guitfnky wrote:
03 Nov 2021
😂

video title: win a one hour session with X producer
video content: “who is X producer, and why you should want to talk to him for one hour”

pretty sure if I don’t know the person beforehand, I’m not gonna give a shit about talking to them. 😅
Grammy-nominated producer who's made tracks for J-Lo, Cardi B and some others.

I don't know who half the producers are who's music I listen to (well ... I know lots of them because I often look up the credits ... ... but ... ... you know what I mean ;) ).
---

Hoboys
Posts: 42
Joined: 19 Oct 2021

Post 03 Nov 2021

I don't think it makes you cynical to assume that. But still, I actually really like this. The guy gets to let people know about himself and his product, Reason gets to bolster being the tool for top hits and we get to ask "the guy who made it" some real questions.

Like when he said he gave the track back to his buddy and then "the next thing he knew" was X, Y and Z were "on it" whatever that means. Don't know about you, but I am curious about what happened in-between those 2 events. Maybe if anyone from this forum wins the contest, please ask him and let us all know. And if you're going to go all-in, try for some contacts of that friend of his' (Mahombi?) ;)

User avatar
Timmy Crowne
Posts: 308
Joined: 06 Apr 2017
Location: California, United States

Post 03 Nov 2021

The guy’s probably made more money in music than I have. I’ll give it a shot. I want to compose music for a living. I’d take any insights I can get.

Adamfw
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 May 2020

Post 03 Nov 2021

Did anyone read the fine print?..... if I got it right when you subscribe, you are charged the annual fee... 100.00+ bucks. Hope I read that wrong.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 4017
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 03 Nov 2021

maybe I’m just getting cynical in my old age (okay, I definitely am), but “making it” in the sense of having a hit song is 99.99999% luck. talent, originality, and “best practices” are vanishingly small contributing factors.

you can’t teach luck.

“the next thing we knew…” sounds about as lucky as it gets. might be a cool story, but cool stories are everywhere—no need to hope you get lucky (see what I did there?) and win a session with some random dude to get access to one of those.
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

User avatar
BumCuddle
Posts: 72
Joined: 26 Jul 2021

Post 03 Nov 2021

Adamfw wrote:
03 Nov 2021
Did anyone read the fine print?..... if I got it right when you subscribe, you are charged the annual fee... 100.00+ bucks. Hope I read that wrong.
Yes this is exactly what I got from it...

To enter the competition you have to register and subscribe to the site and provide credit card details for the 2 week 'free' trial which will be charged and automatically renewed unless you cancel (as with NordVPN, Skillshare etc) and then your money is reimbursed.
Also the small print says you cannot use any of the samples on the site unless you are a subscriber so I'm guessing that after you spend the time creating the track for submission and whether you win or not you will not be able to use the track commercially in the future unless you pay the annual subscription fee.
I really cannot see many going for this just for an hour with some guy in a studio over a zoom call. Maybe a years subscription as a prize too would sweeten the pot.

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3256
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 04 Nov 2021

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7231
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 04 Nov 2021

challism wrote:
04 Nov 2021
At the Bangwun Inn
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Ottostrom
Posts: 701
Joined: 13 May 2016

Post 04 Nov 2021

guitfnky wrote:
03 Nov 2021
maybe I’m just getting cynical in my old age (okay, I definitely am), but “making it” in the sense of having a hit song is 99.99999% luck. talent, originality, and “best practices” are vanishingly small contributing factors.

you can’t teach luck.

“the next thing we knew…” sounds about as lucky as it gets. might be a cool story, but cool stories are everywhere—no need to hope you get lucky (see what I did there?) and win a session with some random dude to get access to one of those.
No no no you're forgetting the most important factor for actually having a reliable way of making it: Know people with power in the industry!
And if you don't know anyone then it's just luck :thumbs_up:

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 4017
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 04 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
04 Nov 2021
guitfnky wrote:
03 Nov 2021
maybe I’m just getting cynical in my old age (okay, I definitely am), but “making it” in the sense of having a hit song is 99.99999% luck. talent, originality, and “best practices” are vanishingly small contributing factors.

you can’t teach luck.

“the next thing we knew…” sounds about as lucky as it gets. might be a cool story, but cool stories are everywhere—no need to hope you get lucky (see what I did there?) and win a session with some random dude to get access to one of those.
No no no you're forgetting the most important factor for actually having a reliable way of making it: Know people with power in the industry!
And if you don't know anyone then it's just luck :thumbs_up:
ah yes, being the introvert I am, I always overlook the power of having connections. 😅
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

User avatar
rcbuse
RE Developer
Posts: 1086
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: SR388

Post 04 Nov 2021

This is how I feel every time they have some kind of artist feature now. I used to know who everyone was... no longer...
It.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7231
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 04 Nov 2021

Wonder if it’ll be timed to the second. Hours up. Click. Black screen.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
BumCuddle
Posts: 72
Joined: 26 Jul 2021

Post 04 Nov 2021

MrFigg wrote:
04 Nov 2021
Wonder if it’ll be timed to the second. Hours up. Click. Black screen.
Sorry Mr Figg your 60 minutes is up! :puf_bigsmile:

Image

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7231
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 04 Nov 2021

BumCuddle wrote:
04 Nov 2021
MrFigg wrote:
04 Nov 2021
Wonder if it’ll be timed to the second. Hours up. Click. Black screen.
Sorry Mr Figg your 60 minutes is up! :puf_bigsmile:

Image
Hej man. I wouldn’t need more than 60 seconds in one of those booths.
丰2ॐ

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests