Algoritm Song Competition!

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
User avatar
Timmy Crowne
Posts: 283
Joined: 06 Apr 2017
Location: California, United States

Post 26 Mar 2021

stratatonic wrote:
25 Mar 2021
Timmy Crowne wrote:
22 Mar 2021
Just finished my entry! Wanted to do something orchestral. 30 instances of Algoritm and some drum samples from Orkester, Synchronous and the SSL mixer for effects.
This sounds great. I downloaded Algoritm with some ideas for some heavy stuff for this comp, but I just couldn't get patches to have good attack and edge. Just a dumbass guitar player I guess.
You did a great job on the song and your sounds.
Thanks! I just used presets for most of the patches. There are some synth geniuses out there that can really coax beautiful sounds out of synths. I’m not one of them! And I wish I could play the guitar, too. :)

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 1993
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Mar 2021

So my trial has just expired and I assume it has for many others too, just wondering how well this competition ties in with that, when are the winners announced?

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8614
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 27 Mar 2021

Jagwah wrote:
27 Mar 2021
So my trial has just expired and I assume it has for many others too, just wondering how well this competition ties in with that, when are the winners announced?
I believe the goal is after this weekend.

User avatar
Gothi
Posts: 41
Joined: 27 Jan 2021
Location: Denmark

Post 27 Mar 2021

Yeah, my trial expires tomorrow. Though, I do not expect any price, so I have bounced my 24 instances to audio. That ended up as a 3,5 gb Reasonfile. :shock: :lol: Have never had such a heavy Reason project before

It has been an honor to participate and would probably not have been a competition for us if it was not because Algoritm turned out to have some physical modeling features by which we could retain our style.

Good luck to all of you. There are many great contributions, and I am glad I am not the one who have to choose amoung them.

Kind Regards
Gothi (ToH)

ma13
Posts: 2
Joined: 14 Mar 2021

Post 27 Mar 2021

Hello, this is the first post.
This is my entry.

The work was submitted before the deadline.
I will write it here as a memorial.
I am honored to be able to participate in the Algorithm Song Competition.
Thank you so much. :puf_smile:
and I'm sorry, my English is not good.

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 625
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 27 Mar 2021

ma13 wrote:
27 Mar 2021
Hello, this is the first post.
This is my entry.

The work was submitted before the deadline.
I will write it here as a memorial.
I am honored to be able to participate in the Algorithm Song Competition.
Thank you so much. :puf_smile:
and I'm sorry, my English is not good.
nice track, quite a journey in under 4 minutes.

ma13
Posts: 2
Joined: 14 Mar 2021

Post 28 Mar 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
27 Mar 2021
ma13 wrote:
27 Mar 2021
Hello, this is the first post.
This is my entry.

The work was submitted before the deadline.
I will write it here as a memorial.
I am honored to be able to participate in the Algorithm Song Competition.
Thank you so much. :puf_smile:
and I'm sorry, my English is not good.
nice track, quite a journey in under 4 minutes.
Thank you so so much!

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 1993
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 28 Mar 2021

So many great entries makes me wish we had a music player on this website so people could listen while browsing the forum.

aixxo
Posts: 10
Joined: 20 Dec 2020

Post 28 Mar 2021

Here's my entry to the competition. Was fun to make this song with Algoritm, so used no other instrument than Algoritm.
I don't expect win anything, so I'm honestly tempted to buy Algoritm after this competition!


DNGmaestro
Posts: 62
Joined: 20 Jan 2015

Post 28 Mar 2021

Jagwah wrote:
28 Mar 2021
So many great entries makes me wish we had a music player on this website so people could listen while browsing the forum.
You can make a playlist of the tracks on spotify !

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 1993
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 29 Mar 2021

DNGmaestro wrote:
28 Mar 2021
Jagwah wrote:
28 Mar 2021
So many great entries makes me wish we had a music player on this website so people could listen while browsing the forum.
You can make a playlist of the tracks on spotify !
Is that a Soundcloud thing or does it work for Youtube videos and everything?

User avatar
EdwardKiy
Posts: 727
Joined: 02 Oct 2019

Post 29 Mar 2021

Competition ended on 21, results should’ve been announced “in a few days”according to the rules page. It is almost the end of 29th in EU. What’s up?
Reason 12 - last chance.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2396
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 29 Mar 2021

Jagwah wrote:
29 Mar 2021
DNGmaestro wrote:
28 Mar 2021


You can make a playlist of the tracks on spotify !
Is that a Soundcloud thing or does it work for Youtube videos and everything?
That's an interesting idea:- maybe reasontalk & reasonradio should team up and have a Dropbox folder with integrated player for the forum..
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Current POLL go vote now

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests