Algoritm Song Competition!

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9163
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 04 Mar 2021

Image


The top 3 entries will receive Algoritm FM Synthesizer! :-)

Songs will be submitted via the Google Form. You are welcome to share your songs here at any point, but you must submit via the form to be eligible.

For the full rules and access to the Google Form, please go here:
https://www.reasontalk.com/2021/03/reas ... mpetition/

Good luck! :thumbup:

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2916
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 04 Mar 2021

Sweet it's official!
Last edited by Billy+ on 04 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9163
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 04 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Sweet it's official?
I wouldn't announce it if it wasn't official :D

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2916
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 04 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Sweet it's official?
I wouldn't announce it if it wasn't official :D
Your to quick lol
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9387
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 04 Mar 2021

Cool. Its the first RS competition ever? I mean RS, not PH.
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
stratatonic
Posts: 1382
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: CANADA

Post 04 Mar 2021

Good way for Reason Studios to find more sounds/songs for future Reason+ Sound Packs.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2916
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 04 Mar 2021

Why so much info for the submission form? You could DM winners using only RT username without the need to store RS usernames and email addresses, I get you need that for winners but everyone.....
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Popey
Posts: 749
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 04 Mar 2021

Hi I have just read the rules and assume you must use reason daw and rrp users who use another daw cannot enter. It appears that way but can you clarify please.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2916
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 04 Mar 2021

Popey wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Hi I have just read the rules and assume you must use reason daw and rrp users who use another daw cannot enter. It appears that way but can you clarify please.
Would you not feel comfortable enough using reason standalone?

I'm guessing the project files could be an issue for submissions if it's open to all DAW's, but it's a fair question.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9163
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 04 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Why so much info for the submission form? You could DM winners using only RT username without the need to store RS usernames and email addresses, I get you need that for winners but everyone.....
It's only 4 items :-) It's how we did it for Tribute and that wasn't a problem at all. We aren't asking for street addresses and phone numbers lol

We need email addresses to communicate with the participants, such as in cases of errors. Very few people seem to check to their PMs here. Yes, while we need RS usernames to award prizes, we also ask for it to help prevent double entries (so someone can't submit multiple times via a different email address or forum account). Then the forum name we ask for just to be able to associate.

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3073
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 04 Mar 2021

That's really cool. Thumbs up for RS :thumbup:

I'm not sure I'll be able to join though. I'm already working on an Algoritm song and it's a project that's gonna take some time to finish. And I need to finish it before my trial is up. If we were only be able to use effects/REs other than stock devices I would finish the track and use that one for my entry.

It's awesome that there's so many song competitions going on currently here at RT, but I'm slightly bummed that so many insist on rules where only stock effects are allowed.

sdst
Posts: 881
Joined: 14 Jun 2015

Post 04 Mar 2021

:-) good!! this is going to be good

Popey
Posts: 749
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 04 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Popey wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Hi I have just read the rules and assume you must use reason daw and rrp users who use another daw cannot enter. It appears that way but can you clarify please.
Would you not feel comfortable enough using reason standalone?

I'm guessing the project files could be an issue for submissions if it's open to all DAW's, but it's a fair question.
I could probably do a song in reason but I am currently working on another track for the fun Algoritm trial thread on the rack extension page which uses a lot of the new live11 effects. It's more just time being an issue to do a seperate project.

It's cool and not a problem but be nice if rrp users could be considered for future comps. Have fun and I look forward to hearing the submissions if they get posted with winner announcements.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9163
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 04 Mar 2021

Popey wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Hi I have just read the rules and assume you must use reason daw and rrp users who use another daw cannot enter. It appears that way but can you clarify please.
I'm double checking on this. If we are able to allow other DAWs, the rules would still apply and the only effects you could use are the ones included with Reason 11/Reason+. So you'd essentially just be using the other DAW for sequencing and automation. I'll report back.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9163
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 04 Mar 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Mar 2021
That's really cool. Thumbs up for RS :thumbup:

I'm not sure I'll be able to join though. I'm already working on an Algoritm song and it's a project that's gonna take some time to finish. And I need to finish it before my trial is up. If we were only be able to use effects/REs other than stock devices I would finish the track and use that one for my entry.

It's awesome that there's so many song competitions going on currently here at RT, but I'm slightly bummed that so many insist on rules where only stock effects are allowed.
Some of my favorites are the ones that have stricter rules like the RX950 one :-)
https://www.reasontalk.com/2018/04/rx95 ... mpetition/

The focus here is on Algoritm and Reason.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7065
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 04 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
04 Mar 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Mar 2021
That's really cool. Thumbs up for RS :thumbup:

I'm not sure I'll be able to join though. I'm already working on an Algoritm song and it's a project that's gonna take some time to finish. And I need to finish it before my trial is up. If we were only be able to use effects/REs other than stock devices I would finish the track and use that one for my entry.

It's awesome that there's so many song competitions going on currently here at RT, but I'm slightly bummed that so many insist on rules where only stock effects are allowed.
Some of my favorites are the ones that have stricter rules like the RX950 one :-)
https://www.reasontalk.com/2018/04/rx95 ... mpetition/

The focus here is on Algoritm and Reason.
So you know if that sample pack is still available anywhere Joey?
丰2ॐ

User avatar
hurricane
Posts: 1720
Joined: 14 Oct 2017

Post 04 Mar 2021

Greetings - considering I talked crap about Algoritm in another thread (lol) if I enter this am I going to have a fair chance or should I not even bother and am already disqualified? :puf_bigsmile:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Reason 12

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2916
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 04 Mar 2021

hurricane wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Greetings - considering I talked crap about Algoritm in another thread (lol) if I enter this am I going to have a fair chance or should I not even bother and am already disqualified? :puf_bigsmile:
:oops: you could always submit under a sudonym :lol:
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7065
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 04 Mar 2021

hurricane wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Greetings - considering I talked crap about Algoritm in another thread (lol) if I enter this am I going to have a fair chance or should I not even bother and am already disqualified? :puf_bigsmile:
The winners are all decided beforehand.
丰2ॐ

Popey
Posts: 749
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 04 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Popey wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Hi I have just read the rules and assume you must use reason daw and rrp users who use another daw cannot enter. It appears that way but can you clarify please.
I'm double checking on this. If we are able to allow other DAWs, the rules would still apply and the only effects you could use are the ones included with Reason 11/Reason+. So you'd essentially just be using the other DAW for sequencing and automation. I'll report back.
Thanks joeyluck. I am fine using reason fx in the plugin if allowed to enter and might have to try and make time for an entry if so (no pressure though 😂)

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3073
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 04 Mar 2021

hurricane wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Greetings - considering I talked crap about Algoritm in another thread (lol) if I enter this am I going to have a fair chance or should I not even bother and am already disqualified? :puf_bigsmile:
I thought Algoritm was just an avarage synth made for people who wanted to make fart noises. :lol: Right?

Seriously though I know you said you spent quite some time with it. But are sure you explored it fully? For a synth dummy like myself, just the unison section alone seems to work a bit different compared to most unison effects. You can get rather creative with the timing function. It's a bit randomized rhythmically so it's not as "dead" as most unisons are imo.
Also the resonator in the effect section can make patches sound drastically different.
And then there's all the wavetables which I'm sure you know of. I guess I was just surprised that you said you used it enough to dismiss it as not very deep.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2916
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 04 Mar 2021

MrFigg wrote:
04 Mar 2021
So you know if that sample pack is still available anywhere Joey?
Sample pack? Please tell more......
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7065
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 04 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
04 Mar 2021
MrFigg wrote:
04 Mar 2021
So you know if that sample pack is still available anywhere Joey?
Sample pack? Please tell more......
The link Joey posted to an earlier competition.
https://www.reasontalk.com/2018/04/rx95 ... mpetition/
丰2ॐ

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 687
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 04 Mar 2021

I say the more restrictions the better, it levels the playing field and cuts down option paralysis.
With an FM synth like this I'll probably have a go at crafting my own drums anyway, and I'll see how far the included FX get me. Not owning any of the Reason 11 FX or R+ things already is a restriction so I think I'll lean I into that.

User avatar
Aosta
Posts: 539
Joined: 26 Jun 2017

Post 04 Mar 2021

stratatonic wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Good way for Reason Studios to find more sounds/songs for future Reason+ Sound Packs.

I thought that is what the random button was for? :think:
Tend the flame

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests