WTFM Synth Double Competition (Turn2On)

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 943
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 11 Feb 2021

turn2on wrote:
11 Feb 2021
No limits for time duration of the Song.
Intro duration limited to 90 sec.

You can use on drums Kong effects. Also enable WTFM (by Vocoder input) as FX-device. Or just start to trial some needed effects, that really interesting for you. No needs to get all fx REs to test and try in song. Few of them for real trial - and there 2 shots:
- use for challenge
- trial of RE in real work. 1-2 fxs is really to test in 30 days. Using any our RE is only option. Synthesizer WT segments with synthesis and traditional FM Ratio/Level settings is enough to build what you need. There not real needs for additional creative effects... but you can use any our FX/Utility RE (not instrument).
What do you mean by Intro duration 90 sec???
Song Intro? Soundscape intro??

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 943
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 11 Feb 2021

I just finished reading the manual, this thing is HUGE! I'm definitely getting some sounds out, but to say I do understand what is going on with the various modes is really an overstatement....

rare_shadow
Posts: 116
Joined: 14 Nov 2018

Post 11 Feb 2021

I had a lot of fun with the WTFM synth. Great job, Turn2On!

Here is my entry the song competition:


Made in Reason 10
- 12 instances of WTFM
- 1 MClass stereo imager
- Drums are all from Reason's drum supply (Rex loops and Kong)
- No other devices, no bouncing

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 324
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 11 Feb 2021

@Re8et, 1.5 minutes of the 2nd competition (Soundscape Intro).


About synthesis mode, really this is very simple. In all three modes - modulation.
Source of modulation - selected Wavetable (whole 64 frames in linear play). You can tune and set start point to the needed frame from current WT as modulation source. From selected point to the end.
FM WT mode: WT modulate Ratio of the Op2-4. Or Op-1 Tune (pitch frequency modulation)

Ringmod: WT modulate Level of the selected OP in destination.

FilterMod: WT modulate ladder master filter Cutoff.

FM not so hard, and work simple like AM and RM.
Beauty of the FM on Levels (like a filters) and ratios (harmonical or disharmonical changes).

Synthesis modes very helpful if you build long morphing sounds where simple LFO waveforms not enough. But have various possibilities to use in practices

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 943
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 11 Feb 2021

My Entry, I guess for song...

Bes
Posts: 446
Joined: 22 Feb 2017

Post 12 Feb 2021



https://www.dropbox.com/s/f50iy3d7gdz5m ... s.zip?dl=0

i've made an entry for the song comp and attached the reason file

i like the idea of the double comp but i don't have time for both. thanks to Turn2On for the opportunity

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2400
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 12 Feb 2021

turn2on wrote:
11 Feb 2021
No limits for time duration of the Song.
Intro duration limited to 90 sec.
Re8et wrote:
11 Feb 2021
What do you mean by Intro duration 90 sec???
Song Intro? Soundscape intro??
There are two parts to this contest.
1. Song challenge. There is no length minimum or maximum for this.
2. Soundscape challenge. This must not be any longer than 90 seconds in duration.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2400
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 14 Feb 2021

Bes wrote:
12 Feb 2021


https://www.dropbox.com/s/f50iy3d7gdz5m ... s.zip?dl=0

i've made an entry for the song comp and attached the reason file

i like the idea of the double comp but i don't have time for both. thanks to Turn2On for the opportunity
We received your email. Thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2400
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 14 Feb 2021

Re8et wrote:
11 Feb 2021
My Entry, I guess for song...
Please be sure to submit your song by emailing it to us (described in contest rules).
Posting to this thread is not the submission process.

Thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2400
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 14 Feb 2021

rare_shadow wrote:
11 Feb 2021
I had a lot of fun with the WTFM synth. Great job, Turn2On!

Here is my entry the song competition:


Made in Reason 10
- 12 instances of WTFM
- 1 MClass stereo imager
- Drums are all from Reason's drum supply (Rex loops and Kong)
- No other devices, no bouncing
Please be sure to submit your song by emailing it to us (described in contest rules).
Posting to this thread is not the submission process.

Thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

rare_shadow
Posts: 116
Joined: 14 Nov 2018

Post 14 Feb 2021

challism wrote:
14 Feb 2021
rare_shadow wrote:
11 Feb 2021
I had a lot of fun with the WTFM synth. Great job, Turn2On!

Here is my entry the song competition:


Made in Reason 10
- 12 instances of WTFM
- 1 MClass stereo imager
- Drums are all from Reason's drum supply (Rex loops and Kong)
- No other devices, no bouncing
Please be sure to submit your song by emailing it to us (described in contest rules).
Posting to this thread is not the submission process.

Thank you
Ok, Thanks for letting me know. I sent the email on Feb 11th according to my sent folder.
I sent it again from a different email address. Please let me know if you received it. Thanks.

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 324
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 14 Feb 2021

Need to mark some attention!
At the Home page of ReasonTalk - written old challenge dates! We already change dates in this topic to prolongate challenge.

Current submission end day written in this topic before:
• Entries must be submitted by 23:59:59 PST on February 19 (before 12:00AM / 00:00 PST February 20).

(if possible, good to fix it at Home page too)

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8099
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 14 Feb 2021

turn2on wrote:
14 Feb 2021
Need to mark some attention!
At the Home page of ReasonTalk - written old challenge dates! We already change dates in this topic to prolongate challenge.

Current submission end day written in this topic before:
• Entries must be submitted by 23:59:59 PST on February 19 (before 12:00AM / 00:00 PST February 20).

(if possible, good to fix it at Home page too)
Updated :thumbup:

User avatar
Quarmat
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 Feb 2021
Location: Europe

Post 14 Feb 2021

Here's my entry for the "song" part of the competition.

I really enjoyed the WT-FM so far! It's a really powerful synth! I managed to get some crunchy bass lines with it.

Now working on the "soundscape". :D


User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2400
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 15 Feb 2021

Quarmat wrote:
14 Feb 2021
Here's my entry for the "song" part of the competition.

I really enjoyed the WT-FM so far! It's a really powerful synth! I managed to get some crunchy bass lines with it.

Now working on the "soundscape". :D

Please be sure to submit your song by emailing it to us (described in contest rules).
Posting to this thread is not the submission process.

Thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2400
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 15 Feb 2021

rare_shadow wrote:
14 Feb 2021
challism wrote:
14 Feb 2021


Please be sure to submit your song by emailing it to us (described in contest rules).
Posting to this thread is not the submission process.

Thank you
Ok, Thanks for letting me know. I sent the email on Feb 11th according to my sent folder.
I sent it again from a different email address. Please let me know if you received it. Thanks.
Got it... twice! I see it was hiding in the spam folder. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2400
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 15 Feb 2021

The contest is still open for submissions. Only 4 entries so far. Keep them coming in. You have until 23:59:59 PST on February 19, 2021 to email your submission to us at reasontalkcontest@gmail.com

Please include: 1) a link to your track, and 2) your ReasonTalk username

• Entries must be submitted by 23:59:59 PST on February 19 (before 12:00AM / 00:00 PST February 20).
• Only one entry per participant (one entry for Contest 1, one entry for Contest 2).
• No remixes or cover songs. Your work must be 100% original.
• Do not use copyrighted samples or material that hasn’t been cleared.
• Be aware that we will ask you to provide the Reason project file to check for compliance to these rules. If you bounce to track, leave the original lane/device intact!
• Follow all contest rules and limitations
• Turn2On reserves the right to showcase all submissions on the WTFM product page.
wtfm.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 509
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 15 Feb 2021

This is a really cool synth. I really can''t get enough FM these days. The wavetable oscillators, the inbuilt resonator and vocoder and also just the sheer scope of features really set it apart.
Here is my song entry. Just emailed it now too.


User avatar
Quarmat
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 Feb 2021
Location: Europe

Post 15 Feb 2021

challism wrote:
15 Feb 2021

Please be sure to submit your song by emailing it to us (described in contest rules).
Posting to this thread is not the submission process.

Thank you
Thank you, I've just emailed it to you.

lipo231
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 Apr 2020

Post 15 Feb 2021

Hello.


User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2400
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 15 Feb 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
15 Feb 2021
This is a really cool synth. I really can''t get enough FM these days. The wavetable oscillators, the inbuilt resonator and vocoder and also just the sheer scope of features really set it apart.
Here is my song entry. Just emailed it now too.

Your email submission has been received.
Thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2400
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 15 Feb 2021

lipo231 wrote:
15 Feb 2021
Hello.

Your email submission has been received.
Thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2400
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 15 Feb 2021

Quarmat wrote:
15 Feb 2021
challism wrote:
15 Feb 2021

Please be sure to submit your song by emailing it to us (described in contest rules).
Posting to this thread is not the submission process.

Thank you
Thank you, I've just emailed it to you.
Your email submission has been received.
Thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
reusenoise
Posts: 40
Joined: 21 Dec 2019

Post 15 Feb 2021

These is my submission


Track compose only with WTFM synth,no samples were used ,no FX exept Mclass limiter and Mclass compressor on master.
Mail sent

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6142
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 16 Feb 2021



Vocal extracted and tempo-synced from a 25 year old 4-track recording.
All music and sounds made with WTFM.
Drums done in Kong. Percussion REX loops from FSB.
M-Class Compressor used on Vocals.
丰2ॐ

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests