ES400 Song Challenge

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
SPITE1

20 Nov 2020

Thanks! :D
Last edited by SPITE1 on 20 Nov 2020, edited 2 times in total.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2020

snapperdub wrote:
18 Nov 2020
A bit of digidub with a lot of help from my mate Sharlene singing. I think I used 28 ES400's. Enjoy.

Really cool track :thumbs_up:

teddymcw

22 Nov 2020

Overwhelmingly wonderful to see another challenge for the greater RT peeps, and with some brilliant stuff from Ekss nonetheless. Already heard some tracks that go into the favorite bin for me. I've been quiet myself here for a long time but caught this and couldn't resist playing with some new tools.

Didn't read the rules but my lawyer says he is preparing a strong countersuit. Jk, cheat track is noticeably a stock rex loop. All Ekss's Synths and now Preamp, Tape Echo I found not just quality but unique, again brilliant stuff. Even seemed like one can use infinite ES400 instances w/o cpu whining! Wish I had caught more time for polishing the track but here's a contribution. Stay well all.

Last edited by teddymcw on 22 Nov 2020, edited 2 times in total.

wowhow
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2020

Thank you for the song challenge!
This is my track!

I used 17 instances of ES400 and used the synchronous effect once towards the end.
The ending sounds maybe like a late night psycho-thriller :think:
I hope everyone is safe from covid19 and all other types of stress!

Let's get through this!

JensHaglof
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2020

Hello everybody!
This will be my first song challenge. Almost done with the song!
Just a question.
"before November 23, 2020, 12AM CET"
Is that tonight or tomorrow night?
/Jens

joeyluck

22 Nov 2020

JensHaglof wrote:
22 Nov 2020
Hello everybody!
Just a question.
/Jens
That will be today/tonight. It is Nov 23, 12AM CET. So the deadline is before Monday CET. Make sense? So for example, that is 6PM EST today.

JensHaglof
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2020

joeyluck wrote:
22 Nov 2020
JensHaglof wrote:
22 Nov 2020
Hello everybody!
Just a question.
/Jens
That will be today/tonight. It is Nov 23, 12AM CET. So the deadline is before Monday CET. Make sense? So for example, that is 6PM EST today.
Thank you! :)

Noise
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2020

"Our walking shadows" is a ambient / chill track.

Some technical comments:
- First track on R11!
- Most of percussion is coming from the ES400
- UMPF (kick and clappers), Sweeper, Scalematrix, Kompulsion, RV700, The Echo
- Final touches with the Master Bus Compressor and Channel EQ.

Thanks everybody! Have a great contest!
Last edited by Noise on 22 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

JensHaglof
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2020

Ok here's my entry! Everything is made with ES400 except for the vocals obviously. :) Good luck everybody!

Loque

22 Nov 2020

JensHaglof wrote:
22 Nov 2020
Ok here's my entry! Everything is made with ES400 except for the vocals obviously. :) Good luck everybody!
I like it. And i had a quick listen to your soundcloud stuff and noticed, its the first release since 5 years. You should keep on making more stuff :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

JensHaglof
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2020

Loque wrote:
22 Nov 2020
JensHaglof wrote:
22 Nov 2020
I like it. And i had a quick listen to your soundcloud stuff and noticed, its the first release since 5 years. You should keep on making more stuff :thumbs_up:
Thank you! Yeah it's been a while since I wrote music. I just haven't had the motivation do to it. I really should start again, this contest could maybe be the trigger! :)

Aosta

22 Nov 2020

Here you go :D

Had some serious fun playing with the synth.

All sounds are the ES400 + Reason stock effects + Ekssperimental Sounds Filter Chain X81X87 (I just adore that reverb)

Loads of great tracks submitted!! It is great to see challenges making a comeback

Enjoy...

Tend the flame

Sven V

22 Nov 2020

Instrument: Ekssperimental Sounds ES400 FM Synth for all sounds
Effects: Ekssperimental Sounds TapeEcho MKII and Reason stock effects.

PhillipOrdonez

22 Nov 2020

Some really nice tracks on this contest!

Manoosh

22 Nov 2020

:reason:
Last edited by Manoosh on 27 Nov 2020, edited 3 times in total.

diminished
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2020

15 minutes before the deadline.. yep, that's not unheard of in my life ;)

I wanted to challenge myself, so I made this with 19 instances of ES400 synthesizers and a bunch of Ekssperimental Sounds Rack Extensions ONLY. Mixed on Reason's SSL with two stock mastering Combinators at the very end of my chain for loudness purposes.

Thanks for this fun challenge, fantastic entries everyone!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Rising Night Wave

23 Nov 2020

huh. nice song. i like it. not my style. but song is awesome. on level. thumbs up.
two songs so far i liked. :)
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

diminished
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2020

ohhhh thank you, very nice of you to say! :) it's not my typical genre either but it's what I gravitated towards to naturally in the process, because I started with the drums and they gave me that light poppy IDM feel, so I just rolled with it. Seems like Aosta felt slightly the same? :thumbs_up:
And wait a minute, did you pull out of the competition, Rising Night Wave?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2020

diminished wrote:
23 Nov 2020
ohhhh thank you, very nice of you to say! :) it's not my typical genre either but it's what I gravitated towards to naturally in the process, because I started with the drums and they gave me that light poppy IDM feel, so I just rolled with it. Seems like Aosta felt slightly the same? :thumbs_up:
Always risky pulling out at the last minute.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Adabler
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2020

A lot of great tracks, congrats to everyone involved. I thought I had til midnight for some reason, ah well!
:reason: 12, Win10

Rising Night Wave

23 Nov 2020

diminished wrote:
23 Nov 2020
yes. what shall i say? - sorry? :oops: - i found this synth extremely uninspiring. so i gave up. eh... next time with next competition. :thumbs_up:
revnege shall be mine! :twisted:

:roll:
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

diminished
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2020

Adabler wrote:
23 Nov 2020
A lot of great tracks, congrats to everyone involved. I thought I had til midnight for some reason, ah well!
joeyluck wrote:
22 Nov 2020
Maybe you do, because Joey referred to 6pm EST. But that statement didn't make any sense yesterday when he wrote it.

PSA: it's always wise to not use am/pm, especially when you're referring to CET, but if you do, use 11:59 instead of 12:00 :D

I'm now more confused than ever, haha.
And I might actually give my entry some tweaking if the deadline is in fact in 10 hours and 45 minutes, and was not 1 hour and 15 minutes ago.

Adabler
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2020

diminished wrote:
23 Nov 2020
Maybe you do, because Joey referred to 6pm EST. But that statement didn't make any sense yesterday when he wrote it.

PSA: it's always wise to not use am/pm, especially when you're referring to CET, but if you do, use 11:59 instead of 12:00 :D

I'm now more confused than ever, haha.
And I might actually give my entry some tweaking if the deadline is in fact in 10 hours and 45 minutes, and was not 1 hour and 15 minutes ago.
Aw, great news! Hopefully Joey can clarify!

We should all start using Swatch Internet Time to avoid confusion in the future! :D
:reason: 12, Win10

ekss
RE Developer

23 Nov 2020

Hi!

12 PM 23/11 was midnight when sunday turned to monday (CET) - taking in consideration that some people, for example in California, is 9 hours behind we decided to have the deadline a little bit flexible. Since the deadline is now passed with nearly 14 hours let's hereby close the competition for further submissions!

It's very nice to see so many great submissions with a lot of variety - it really gives a good view of the width of sounds possible to make with the ES400.

Now it will be a super difficult task to rank the submissions and to select the winner -it will take a few days so the winners will be announced later this week!

• Information