[UPDATE] Winners - New Loops Song Challenge!

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
User avatar
Kenni
Site Admin
Posts: 1245
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post 06 Nov 2017

ReasonTalk NewLoops Challenge Banner small.png
Thank you all for participating!

The winners

1st
AttenuationHz - New Loops Song Challenge

2nd
ismael - Moving on

3rd
TritoneAddiction - C&C Beat Thingy

You will all receive a mail from New Loops shortly!
-------------------------

New Loops and ReasonTalk are happy to announce the details of the New Loops Song Challenge.

Prize list

1st prize: Any 3 single Reason Refills from NewLoops.com (excludes bundles)
Runner up prizes: Any single (1) Reason Refills from NewLoops.com (excludes bundles)

Rules

The usual stuff, details can be found below. :)

All sounds should come from the New Loops sample pack. To obtain the samples, you must fill out this Google Form!


Afterwards, you'll receive an email with the download link. Please notice the license in the sample pack.

All songs have to be original. That means, no remixes or covers are allowed. All participants agree by submitting his/her entry to the competition that their contribution (or an excerpt from it) may be presented on New Loops SoundCloud of the products with credits, of course. Moreover, by submitting a song to the competition participants express that all sounds and samples they have used are cleared.
  • Only 3 winners with no cash alternative
  • Only one entry per entrant
  • Song challenge begins November 6th, 2017
  • Song challenge ends November 19th, 2017 @ 11:59 pm Stockholm time
  • After the closing date, you are not allowed to resubmit your entry. Any re-submissions or alterations will result in disqualification
  • All entrants, when requested, must be prepared to provide evidence that the rules have been adhered to. This includes providing a copy of the Reason song file to verify that only the New Loops samples were used for sounds.
  • Judge's decision is final
  • All entrants agree to New Loops terms and conditions - https://newloops.com/pages/terms-and-conditions
  • We reserve the right to cancel the competition at any time, for any reason and without notice.
Submission

All participants must post their song in this thread and we will update this post to include each entry. This confirms that your song was accepted. After submitting your song you should not alter it anymore.

We encourage participants to use #NewLoops, #ReasonTalk when uploading entries to SoundCloud, Allihoopa etc.
When sharing their entries on social media if you feel so tag @NewLoops on Facebook and Twitter, new_loops_audio on Instagram and @Reasontalk or #Reasontalk.

What you are allowed to use in your song (with copyright permission)
  • New Loops samples for all sounds
  • Any native Reason and Rack Extension Effect (including FX part of another Synth) and Utility
  • Samples created from the New Loops samples in Reason (keep the original signal chain as proof)
  • Any recorded instruments and vocals up to maximum 50% of tracks in the project (multi takes count as one)
What you cannot use in your song
  • Any synth/sample that is not the provided New Loops samples. No external plug-ins or hardware synths
  • No programs outside of Reason that generate synth sounds
  • No copyrighted material
  • No remixes or cover songs
The Judges

New Loops
https://newloops.com

Newsletter Sign Up
http://eepurl.com/cbxj5P

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/newloops/

Web page
https://newloops.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by QVprod on 06 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

User avatar
faun2500
Posts: 168
Joined: 27 Sep 2015

Post 06 Nov 2017

Good Luck! :D
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

DonnieAlan
Posts: 263
Joined: 25 Jan 2017

Post 06 Nov 2017

Just to be clear, we can't use any VSTs hosted in Reason for FX or sample playing?

User avatar
faun2500
Posts: 168
Joined: 27 Sep 2015

Post 06 Nov 2017

You can for playing/editing the supplied samples. NN-XT for example, grain too! :)
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

User avatar
faun2500
Posts: 168
Joined: 27 Sep 2015

Post 06 Nov 2017

faun2500 wrote:
06 Nov 2017
You can for playing/editing the supplied samples. NN-XT for example, grain too! :)
I see you say VST, so stuff like kontakt, halion would be OK too. I think the point is to use only the sound sources (samples supplied) and make it in Reason.
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

User avatar
aburazaru
Posts: 170
Joined: 28 Feb 2016

Post 06 Nov 2017

Anybody else running into a 404 error following the download link or am I missing something simple?
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

WongoTheSane
Moderator
Posts: 1851
Joined: 14 Sep 2015
Location: Paris, France

Post 06 Nov 2017

aburazaru wrote:
06 Nov 2017
Anybody else running into a 404 error following the download link or am I missing something simple?
Yep. Hold on, we're on it.

User avatar
Kenni
Site Admin
Posts: 1245
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post 06 Nov 2017

The issue has been fixed. The link for the download that you got in the email confirmation now works again! :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

User avatar
CaliforniaBurrito
Posts: 574
Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: San Diego, CA

Post 06 Nov 2017

Wow so cool of you to put this together. I will be participating. :)

strangers
Posts: 603
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Location: NJ

Post 06 Nov 2017

Just to be clear before I start diving into this... If I already own some New Loops sample packs, can I use those or are we restricted to only the above sample pack?

User avatar
tiker01
Moderator
Posts: 1413
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 06 Nov 2017

strangers wrote:
06 Nov 2017
Just to be clear before I start diving into this... If I already own some New Loops sample packs, can I use those or are we restricted to only the above sample pack?
Only the ones in the pack. Using anything else would be not fair with others and make judging impossible. So please stick to the samples provided!
    
Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 1988
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 06 Nov 2017

Challenge accepted... :clap:

One thing though have to ask.

What you are allowed to use in your song (with copyright permission)
Any recorded instruments and vocals up to maximum 50% of tracks in the project (multi takes count as one)
What you cannot use in your song
Any synth/sample that is not the provided New Loops samples. No external plug-ins or hardware synths

Just confused about that part! Technically a synth is an instrument. Vocals can be sampled even if they are recorded live. What if I record my guitar and then sample the bass string to sound like a synth? :lol: provide the proof

No programs outside of Reason that generate synth sound

What about the oscillator on grain are you allowed use that? Are you allowed to use grain itself? No external plug-ins does that mean no VST's at all, like no EQ's, Compressors, Gates etc?

Also how recognisable do the samples from the pack have to sound compared to the original. That's why I'm asking about Grain!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

User avatar
faun2500
Posts: 168
Joined: 27 Sep 2015

Post 06 Nov 2017

Lets keep it simple guys! Just use the samples provided to make a song. Stick them in grain and mangle them - yes, use a sample in a synth as a wavetable/sample - fine, be prepared to prove it if asked!

Using a synth oscillator isn't using the samples.

Make it in Reason. :)
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

strangers
Posts: 603
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Location: NJ

Post 06 Nov 2017

tiker01 wrote:
06 Nov 2017
strangers wrote:
06 Nov 2017
Just to be clear before I start diving into this... If I already own some New Loops sample packs, can I use those or are we restricted to only the above sample pack?
Only the ones in the pack. Using anything else would be not fair with others and make judging impossible. So please stick to the samples provided!
Thanks for the clarification. Glad I asked before disqualifying myself :lol:
Eager to get the ball rolling. Good luck to all!

User avatar
CaliforniaBurrito
Posts: 574
Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: San Diego, CA

Post 06 Nov 2017

Here is my submission.


User avatar
CaliforniaBurrito
Posts: 574
Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: San Diego, CA

Post 07 Nov 2017

I screen-captured my track if anybody is interested. I don't expect anybody to sit there for three and a half hours watching me screw around but it might be worthy of a skippy walkthrough. My original plan was to record commentary as well but I just can't do that. I get too focused and move too quickly. :crazy:


User avatar
Zac
Posts: 1760
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 08 Nov 2017

Can anyone tell me how big the required download is for this?

User avatar
Kenni
Site Admin
Posts: 1245
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post 08 Nov 2017

It's 29.3mb :)
Zac wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Can anyone tell me how big the required download is for this?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

User avatar
Zac
Posts: 1760
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 08 Nov 2017

Thanks, that's great. I'll see what i can do.

User avatar
Zac
Posts: 1760
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 08 Nov 2017

Ok I was glad the download was small but that is all. I can't do much with this. Very specific style samples. Not a great advert to me but peter burrito has it sorted. Good stuff.

User avatar
Kenni
Site Admin
Posts: 1245
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post 08 Nov 2017

Zac wrote:Ok I was glad the download was small but that is all. I can't do much with this. Very specific style samples. Not a great advert to me but peter burrito has it sorted. Good stuff.
Well, you can do whatever you want with the samples, you're not limited to how they currently sound.

Sendt fra min SM-G950F med Tapatalk

Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

User avatar
Zac
Posts: 1760
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 08 Nov 2017

i dont have the talent to change them to what would suit me. But nevermind i hope others will find inspiration. I think a limited sound palette can be a great primer for new ideas.

strangers
Posts: 603
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Location: NJ

Post 09 Nov 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
07 Nov 2017
I screen-captured my track if anybody is interested. I don't expect anybody to sit there for three and a half hours watching me screw around but it might be worthy of a skippy walkthrough. My original plan was to record commentary as well but I just can't do that. I get too focused and move too quickly. :crazy:
I really enjoyed watching through this. It's really interesting to see another person's creative process, especially when workflow is much different than my own. I'd be looking forward to checking another one of these out, if you happen to capture another in the future.

meeetch
Posts: 1
Joined: 06 Nov 2017

Post 13 Nov 2017

Here's what I have. I had something else but I accidentally deleted it so I slapped this baby together.

Edit: the link:
Last edited by meeetch on 15 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3058
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 15 Nov 2017

Not much particiapation in this competition so far. Well here's my submission. Reminds me a bit of the music from the Command & Conquer game, so I named it after that.

I'm not really used to working this way, with samples only and especially with so few samples to choose from. But it's fun to try something new every now and then.


  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests