So what did you get?

Share, discuss and/or ask for advice about the Black Friday crazy here!
fretshot7

Post 27 Nov 2018

hurricane wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Softube Summit Audio Grand Channel of course (which is still "processing" wtf)
Hornet Spikes for less than $4.

And this beautiful beast:

sankyo.jpg
haha hope you dont like it too much you might get an STD :shock:

rgdaniel

Post 27 Nov 2018

Sale's not over yet.... those sneaky bastards....

superpop

Post 27 Nov 2018

Emian wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Kratos 2 & the freebies :)
^^^this... without the freebies.

Jmax

Post 27 Nov 2018

Izotope
Stutter Edit and BreakTweaker Expanded for $49.

Skrock
Horizons $12 (probably didn't need this as I have his other synths and they cover similar ground)

The Freebies RE's.

And a pair of Boots from Sorel!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

cognitive

Post 27 Nov 2018

Lectric Panda's PSQ-1684 and Kompulsion

Noise Engineering's Synth Bundle 2

Nucleus SoundLab's Beat Crush

I also grabbed a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M40x headphones for $69 (still on sale some places) and a pair of JBL 305p MKII powered monitors for $80 each.

My old workhorse AKG headphones died around the same time as my 8" monitors, coincidentally both lost one side. I guess "the universe" was telling me to get some new phones and monitors that I had not budgeted for, so here we are. I did extensive research and listening tests and found that I could get some great sound and value for a fraction of what I expected to spend. And then Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales made it a no-brainer.

The performance on both the headphones and the monitors is ASTOUNDING, both punching WAY above their price range. It's almost embarrassing to spend so little for such important components in the mixing chain, but wow are they getting the job done. There were no issues having to "learn" the idiosyncrasies with either the phones or the monitors, since material mixed on them (speakers first, phones for last sanity checks) are translating well to other playback systems on the first pass.

ast3rix

Post 28 Nov 2018

Picked up SoundToys 5.. I couldn't resist the 249 sale price along with serato sample for 49 bucks.

Popey

Post 28 Nov 2018

Quiet black friday for me really just picking up stringwerx and the free omega trimmer. That said i had only recently bought komplete 12 so my wallet is still recovering from that.

minilog

Post 28 Nov 2018

I got elysia Phil's Cascade for $74. No RE's this time around.

LarsK

Post 28 Nov 2018

hurricane wrote:
27 Nov 2018
joeyluck wrote:
27 Nov 2018

Can they do that? Were you charged and now they're trying to refund you? Did you receive an email receipt?
They're going to call me back with "options". This should be interesting...
What was the outcome?

EnochLight

Post 28 Nov 2018

Music related:

Teenage Engineering PO-33 K.O! (along with some cables - I already have the PO-32 Tonic)
PreSonus Studio One 4 upgrade
Softube Tape (though they double-charged me and won't return my support emails) :oops: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :roll:

Random stuff:

Sony X900F 65"
A dining room set

:lol:
Last edited by EnochLight on 28 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10 |  Studio One 3.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel i7 3770k Quad-Core @ 4.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro

LABONERECORDINGS

Post 28 Nov 2018

Guess we were one of the lucky few who got the Summit and Trident deal at that ridiculously cheap steal.... :D

Serials came through for us on Monday afternoon

hurricane

Post 28 Nov 2018

LarsK wrote:
28 Nov 2018
hurricane wrote:
27 Nov 2018

They're going to call me back with "options". This should be interesting...
What was the outcome?

First of all, I couldn't get a hold of the guy that called me yesterday. Mike Sartain is his name, and he is always out of the office apparently. The Musician's Friend CS rep I spoke to was really douchey and rude I don't remember his name, but he sounds like he has a beard and wears dark rimmed glasses and drinks mead. The CS rep told me there's an automatic order fulfillment process and that my order didn't get in there in time to get fulfilled, that's why I didn't get my license but other people did. So, they offered to sell me the plugin at $250 (no thank you) and of course refunded me the $19. In addition, they gave me a $50 MF gift card/credit.

joeyluck

Post 28 Nov 2018

hurricane wrote:
28 Nov 2018
LarsK wrote:
28 Nov 2018

What was the outcome?

First of all, I couldn't get a hold of the guy that called me yesterday. Mike Sartain is his name, and he is always out of the office apparently. The Musician's Friend CS rep I spoke to was really douchey and rude I don't remember his name, but he sounds like he has a beard and wears dark rimmed glasses and drinks mead. The CS rep told me there's an automatic order fulfillment process and that my order didn't get in there in time to get fulfilled, that's why I didn't get my license but other people did. So, they offered to sell me the plugin at $250 (no thank you) and of course refunded me the $19. In addition, they gave me a $50 MF gift card/credit.
Well the latter part sounds nice. Now you can get something for absolutely free, right? Sorry you couldn't get the softube stuff. If it were me buying it, it probably would have gathered dust. Or no dust really? Since it needs to be taken out of the box and placed in the rack most often to really gather dust. I might have to rethink my use of that saying. There's other things I'd rather get that are around $50. So perhaps it could be seen as a win? Unless you really really wanted the softube stuff...

MarkTarlton

Post 28 Nov 2018

hurricane wrote:
28 Nov 2018
LarsK wrote:
28 Nov 2018

What was the outcome?

you're lucky you got a coupon...i got zero, and a bunch of rude customer service. I also was told you will have it on monday....so I am pretty burnt!

Ostermilk

Post 28 Nov 2018

I upgraded to the latest Studio One for 50% off @ £62

No RE's this year aside from the free trinkets.

EnochLight

Post 28 Nov 2018

Ostermilk wrote:
28 Nov 2018
Hah! Same. It's precisely what I was waiting for. Since 4.0 just came out a little over 6 months ago, I figured 50% off the upgrade was too good to pass up.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10 |  Studio One 3.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel i7 3770k Quad-Core @ 4.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro

Ostermilk

Post 28 Nov 2018

hurricane wrote:
28 Nov 2018
LarsK wrote:
28 Nov 2018

What was the outcome?
I don't remember his name, but he sounds like he has a beard and wears dark rimmed glasses and drinks mead.
Henry VIII? I know he didn't wear glasses but he probably wouldn't have had 6 wives if he did.

Ostermilk

Post 28 Nov 2018

EnochLight wrote:
28 Nov 2018
Ostermilk wrote:
28 Nov 2018
Hah! Same. It's precisely what I was waiting for. Since 4.0 just came out a little over 6 months ago, I figured 50% off the upgrade was too good to pass up.
Yup, good thing about Presonus is that you get to learn their sales schedule and you know it's going to be half-price at some point. I didn't use v3 a great deal, but S1 does contain some good and useful tools for when all else fails,

hurricane

Post 28 Nov 2018

MarkTarlton wrote:
28 Nov 2018
hurricane wrote:
28 Nov 2018

you're lucky you got a coupon...i got zero, and a bunch of rude customer service. I also was told you will have it on monday....so I am pretty burnt!
Yeah, not complaining, I didn't even want it. It was the deal. But yeah, now I got $50 for nothing I guess.

Faastwalker

Post 28 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
27 Nov 2018
LABONERECORDINGS wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Photosounder (for Aphex Twin screwy sounds, and on Windows! We knew this originally was Mac only way back IWRC)
Man...i am still struggling with this one. I wish it would be a VST.
Wow! That looks very interesting;

http://photosounder.com/

I wish it was an RE :thumbup:

-----------------------------------------

Black Friday wise - I only bought Devastor 2 in the end. Had my eye on that one for a while. I think that's all I bought. I was pretty wasted at the weekend so I'm surprised I didn't buy more. I'm saving to buy my next Eurorack module. I think that was in the back of my mind keeping me in check on the Black Friday front ;)

EDIT: Just bought the Lectric Panda Dual LFO RE as well for $9.

5mile

Post 28 Nov 2018

I got bias amp vst (49$) and best of all I finally upgraded Reason after being on 8 forever and loving the 10 demo
Watched Reason you tube videos all of my 4 day weekend lol

jayhosking

Post 28 Nov 2018

EnochLight wrote:
28 Nov 2018
Music related:

Teenage Engineering PO-33 K.O! (along with some cables - I already have the PO-32 Tonic)
This thing rules. What a little inspiration machine. It also got me hooked on tiny devices like it.

LarsK

Post 29 Nov 2018

hurricane wrote:
28 Nov 2018
LarsK wrote:
28 Nov 2018

What was the outcome?

... sounds like he has a beard and wears dark rimmed glasses and drinks mead.
Sh*t - this is funny! :lol: A Hipster Viking.
Anyways, glad it got somewhat sorted out. I haven't heard anything yet. :?

EnochLight

Post 29 Nov 2018

jayhosking wrote:
28 Nov 2018
EnochLight wrote:
28 Nov 2018
Music related:

This thing rules. What a little inspiration machine. It also got me hooked on tiny devices like it.
I know, right?! I can’t believe what this thing can do for just $89 USD! It’s like having your own tiny MPC in your pocket! I sync’d up my P-32 Tonic last night and just jammed for an hour. Took my PO-33 around the house and office and randomly sampled stuff. Plugged it into my iPhone’s headphone out and randomly sampled YouTube clips and songs from my library. I haven’t had this much fun sampling with a hardware sampler in forever.

O1B

Post 29 Nov 2018

Nice piece you got there.

And, I didn't even know the damn Octatrack (ye ole analog7 4could iPad.
[EDit: sorry... looks like some fold-up PC, I think...]
Thanks!

:thumbs_up: Looks Great! :thumbs_up:

... we use the same headphones, too...
antic604 wrote:
27 Nov 2018
EDIT: oh, oh! Pics on the previous page reminded me I also got this, although technically this was for my birthday last Saturday :P

Last edited by O1B on 05 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Antic604 "Well, he's been doing it - mentioning Eurorack hardware - in majority of his posts, so I'm not surprised anymore :? Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:19 pm

• Information