So what did you get?

Share, discuss and/or ask for advice about the Black Friday crazy here!
Jmax

Post 27 Nov 2018

What is this

ALL samples from Mars I keep hearing about?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

O1B

Post 27 Nov 2018

The 14, 15, 1610... ?

Very Nice, in any Case.

hurricane wrote:
27 Nov 2018
And this beautiful beast:

sankyo.jpg
Antic604 "Well, he's been doing it - mentioning Eurorack hardware - in majority of his posts, so I'm not surprised anymore :? Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:19 pm

cgijoe

Post 27 Nov 2018

As far as RE's go, I picked up both Selig Gain and DeEsser - kind of crazy I didn't pick them up already.

For VST's, I'm excited to say I purchased my first ever....

I got the Goodhertz Vulf Compressor, Faraday Limiter, and Tilt Shift.

I mainly was shopping for Vulf, but bundled the Limiter and Tilt for a bonus discount.... So far so happy!

joeyluck

Post 27 Nov 2018

eusti wrote:
27 Nov 2018
joeyluck wrote:
27 Nov 2018
The Orchestra by Sonuscore/Best Service (40% off)
https://sonuscore.com/shop/the-orchestra/
I was wondering about that one a while ago... Please report back when you have spent some time with it!

D.
I'm really enjoying it! Great sounds and really awesome animated patches. I had to reinstall Kontakt Player to use it, which takes forever to load in Reason on macOS and can cause Reason to hang when quitting... But still worth it. I've been using the standalone of Kontakt to browse patches and play around, and then I'll deal with the VST in Reason when I have something I want to record.

avasopht

Post 27 Nov 2018

Jmax wrote:
27 Nov 2018
What is this

ALL samples from Mars I keep hearing about?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
This. It's pretty hot. And the price goes down to $9 with this code: xX$9-AllxX3
Last edited by avasopht on 27 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.
---

cgijoe

Post 27 Nov 2018

avasopht wrote:
27 Nov 2018
This. It's pretty hot. And the price goes down to $9 with this code: xX$9-AllxX3
I'm not sure that promo code still works...

eusti

Post 27 Nov 2018

joeyluck wrote:
27 Nov 2018
I'm really enjoying it! Great sounds and really awesome animated patches. I had to reinstall Kontakt Player to use it, which takes forever to load in Reason on macOS and can cause Reason to hang when quitting... But still worth it. I've been using the standalone of Kontakt to browse patches and play around, and then I'll deal with the VST in Reason when I have something I want to record.
Great! Thanks for reporting back! Please do share when you've got something you got done with it and can / want to share! :)

D.

LarsK

Post 27 Nov 2018

hurricane wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Softube Summit Audio Grand Channel of course (which is still "processing" wtf)
Contacted MF's support yesterday with the same issue - the Summit is in backorder - they simply lack licenses to fulfil their orders, but should get them from Softube - I did not can an ETA on delivery.

avasopht

Post 27 Nov 2018

cgijoe wrote:
27 Nov 2018
avasopht wrote:
27 Nov 2018
I'm not sure that promo code still works...
You're right. None of them work anymore.
---

antic604

Post 27 Nov 2018

In RE shop only Kratos 2. Still hoping for that Synth Bundle #2 code...

And I got myself those VSTs:
- Fabfilter Saturn
- Polyverse Manipulator
- d16 Antresol, Decimort2 and Devastor 2
- Waves E-Channel, G-Channel, G-Master Buss Compressor, Flow Motion and Abbey Road Chambers (free)
- Glitchmachines Convex ($4)
- AIR Music Vacuum Pro ($1)

EDIT: oh, oh! Pics on the previous page reminded me I also got this, although technically this was for my birthday last Saturday :P

Reason 10 // Bitwig 2 // Live 10 @ Surface Pro 4 i7 8/256GB
My music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

hurricane

Post 27 Nov 2018

LarsK wrote:
27 Nov 2018
hurricane wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Softube Summit Audio Grand Channel of course (which is still "processing" wtf)
Contacted MF's support yesterday with the same issue - the Summit is in backorder - they simply lack licenses to fulfil their orders, but should get them from Softube - I did not can an ETA on delivery.
I just got a call from MF and they told me the price on this was an error and my order was cancelled.

joeyluck

Post 27 Nov 2018

eusti wrote:
27 Nov 2018
joeyluck wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Great! Thanks for reporting back! Please do share when you've got something you got done with it and can / want to share! :)

D.
Sure thing, but not sure when that might be...certainly not before the sale ends (which was extended for two days).
This is a great walkthrough and demonstration:

Biolumin3sc3nt

Post 27 Nov 2018

hurricane wrote:
27 Nov 2018
LarsK wrote:
27 Nov 2018

I just got a call from MF and they told me the price on this was an error and my order was cancelled.

That's a bummer man. Yeah i figured they messed up, so i registered mine as fast as humanly possible.

joeyluck

Post 27 Nov 2018

hurricane wrote:
27 Nov 2018
LarsK wrote:
27 Nov 2018

Can they do that? Were you charged and now they're trying to refund you? Did you receive an email receipt?

LarsK

Post 27 Nov 2018

hurricane wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Ok, that's interesting. Will prolly get the call too. :(
joeyluck wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Can they do that? Were you charged and now they're trying to refund you? Did you receive an email receipt?
It's probably somewhere in their terms & conditions. :?

joeyluck

Post 27 Nov 2018

LarsK wrote:
27 Nov 2018
hurricane wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Ok, that's interesting. Will prolly get the call too. :(
joeyluck wrote:
27 Nov 2018
It's probably somewhere in their terms & conditions. :?
You're right...

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pages/purchase-terms

"In the event of a pricing error, Musician’s Friend will do one of the following: (1) if an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and ship you the item; or (2) if an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you are not satisfied with your purchase due to any errors or inaccuracies, you may return your purchase in accordance with our Return Policy. Discounts are limited-time offers and are not valid with other offers."

Bummer.

dvdrtldg

Post 27 Nov 2018

Audiority Pre-X 7
Softube Summit Audio Grand Channel
Everything from Mars Audio
Lectric Panda RND player
Omega Trimmer
Audio Thing Frostbite
Last edited by dvdrtldg on 28 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

eusti

Post 27 Nov 2018

joeyluck wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Sure thing, but not sure when that might be...certainly not before the sale ends (which was extended for two days).
This is a great walkthrough and demonstration:
Thanks! No worries about it needing to be quick... I'm all done with the sales! ;) Hopefully till the end of the year... :P

D.

PhillipOrdonez

Post 27 Nov 2018

Nothing at all. I only buy what I need and sometimes not even what I need.
Kjempefint :)

hurricane

Post 27 Nov 2018

joeyluck wrote:
27 Nov 2018
hurricane wrote:
27 Nov 2018

They're going to call me back with "options". This should be interesting...

Bes

Post 27 Nov 2018

Kompulsion and Sinc Iter Vereor

TritoneAddiction

Post 27 Nov 2018

I really thought I would be into the new Synth Bundle 2 by Noise Engineering, but for some reason the new synths just didn't do anything for me. I was so prepared to buy them.

Philup

Post 27 Nov 2018

Expanse Hyperwave Synthesizer
Selig Coloring EQ
StringWERK - Studio Strings
Selig Gain
all of the Freebies

aeox

Post 27 Nov 2018

Philup wrote:
27 Nov 2018
Expanse Hyperwave Synthesizer
Selig Coloring EQ
Selig Gain
Nice choices!
whoahh

Last edited by aeox on 24 May 2018, edited too many times in total.

strangers

Post 27 Nov 2018

There really wasn't much that pulled me in this year. I did grab a few unmissable deals:

1. Softube Summit Audio Grand Channel - Softube was hit heavily by this sale. It took a while for my license to be released. Support said their servers were slammed. This purchase did roll me right into another Softube VST I've been wanting...
2. Softube Tape - I can't get this to appear in Reason 9.5 for some reason although Grand Channel appears and works without any issues. It does work perfectly in other applications.

I was verrrry close to buying Klevgrand's DAW Cassette RE. I demoed this late last night, lost track of time and missed the sale cutoff.

• Information