Just a thank you to primal audio

Share, discuss and/or ask for advice about the Black Friday crazy here!
scratchnsnifff

Post 24 Nov 2018

While primal audio hasn’t made anything new in a long while, I’m glad that their devices still go on sale. I was able to complete my collection of their filters.

I got the ladder filter a while ago and just never thought of getting the others as I had etch red and the f-16

The ms-20 emulation and the acid emulations are amazing!

I like how the korg modeled filter and the state variable filter sound super clean when seeeping

Thanks primal audio! And I soooooo hope to see more of their work, from my understanding they are a small company and have day jobs. But I’d love to see their take on additive synthesis or wavetable synthesis :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Loque

Post 24 Nov 2018

Completely agree. Great filters. Whish there would be some more interesting things from them.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

Electric-Metal

Post 24 Nov 2018

Agree, great filters. I just wish, they would sort out the bug on PMS20, where the filter skips the first note on an instrument, when the LPF is closed down.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Data_Shrine

Post 24 Nov 2018

And the Acid Diode Filter, which can completely stops passing audio if you mess with the On/Off/Bypass switch. Deleting the device & replacing it is the only solution I've found..

Kalm

Post 25 Nov 2018

I've actually never had any issues with the filters. But they're the best ones in Reason to me IMO. Never had to think about looking for anything else. I use to be so disappointed by the MS-20 though. I was like what kind of filter is this. But ignorance kills man.

Now if I can just find a use for the Acid one. . .
Courtesy of The Brew | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 8 GB RAM | Apple 1 TB & Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 10 | Studio One 3 Professional | Ozone 7 | Pro Tools 12 | Adobe CC | Presonus FireStudio Project | M-Audio Axiom | And many plugs

aeox

Post 25 Nov 2018

Electric-Metal wrote:
24 Nov 2018
Agree, great filters. I just wish, they would sort out the bug on PMS20, where the filter skips the first note on an instrument, when the LPF is closed down.
That would be great! Otherwise, I love PMS20!
whoahh

Last edited by aeox on 24 May 2018, edited too many times in total.

TritoneAddiction

Post 25 Nov 2018

Never tried their filters, but i love their synth FM4.

scratchnsnifff

Post 25 Nov 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
25 Nov 2018
Never tried their filters, but i love their synth FM4.
What gets me is the sound of FM4, the style of FM just sounds great. And having the envelopes per operator make it easy to make very complex sounds. Especially since the changing of amplitude changes how the Fm timber is shaped

I can’t speak about the bugs on the filters.
Slapping a pulsar or shape LFO works on all 3 at all the useable rates for dubstep. Plus I just got the filters :D

I still hope to see more from primal audio
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

miscend

Post 25 Nov 2018

I have all their products. I was really hoping to see more from them. I remember they had a bit of a misunderstanding with their beta testers back in the day.

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 25 Nov 2018

miscend wrote:
25 Nov 2018
I have all their products. I was really hoping to see more from them. I remember they had a bit of a misunderstanding with their beta testers back in the day.
Yes they did
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 26 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager

Post 25 Nov 2018

PMS20 is savage, my favorite filter.

EdGrip

Post 26 Nov 2018

If these 3 filters were the only devices Primal Audio ever made, that would still be a legendary contribution to the RE market.

I find the trick with the Acid filter is to control it using a proper generated envelope CV from something else, such as the synth supplying the saw-wave. ;)
Basically its envelope follower is a bit useless.
And then follow it with lots of distortion, obviously.

Here's a patch I made: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7507211

Data_Shrine

Post 26 Nov 2018

EdGrip wrote:
26 Nov 2018
If these 3 filters were the only devices Primal Audio ever made, that would still be a legendary contribution to the RE market.

I find the trick with the Acid filter is to control it using a proper generated envelope CV from something else, such as the synth supplying the saw-wave. ;)
Basically its envelope follower is a bit useless.
And then follow it with lots of distortion, obviously.

Here's a patch I made: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7507211
I don't have VK-2 so I can't check your patch, but it seems like you may have found a solution to actually making acid bass sounds with it. I never really got any satisfying use out of it. I could make Antidote sound more Acid-like with it's diode filter setting.

I should just get ABL3. Or the TR-03. -_____-;

EdGrip

Post 27 Nov 2018

Yeah, obviously if you really love acid, don't fuck about and just buy ABL3.
You can substitute the VK-2 for any synth that has a CV out for its envelopes. Next time I get a chance I'll do a version with a Thor or a Subtractor.

BRIGGS

Post 07 Dec 2018

+1

The Ladder filter was my first RE purchase. That says a lot.

• Information