Changing key to a number tracks together

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
gritz

21 Oct 2023

Quick question - if I have a number of instrumental tracks but need to change key - what’s the quickest way doing this - recorded in c major and need to stop the key to b

PhillipOrdonez

21 Oct 2023

Are they already finished and as audio files on your drive? Or the intention is to tinker with the reason projects in a new key?

cocoazenith

21 Oct 2023

gritz wrote:
21 Oct 2023
Quick question - if I have a number of instrumental tracks but need to change key - what’s the quickest way doing this - recorded in c major and need to stop the key to b
I'll asume you're reffering to tracks as MIDI tracks in a song and not multiple songs.

You can change them to another key in the same scale (major in your case) by simply selecting all the clips from all the tracks,
opening up the Tool Window (F8), going to the Pitch dropdown, selecting the number of semitones you want to transpose everything to (minus 1 in your case so it becomes B major) and clicking Apply.

Hope that helps.

gritz

21 Oct 2023

That’s excellent thank you - yes the tracks still in midi state so f8 use tools and drop the key

• Information