Tempo/spoken word (question)

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Eski

12 Oct 2023

Probably a simple fix but I've never had to do this before - I have a track I’m working on and in a section of the song I gradually slow down the tempo using a sequencer lane and then take it back up to speed again. I now want to layer some spoken word in this section without it being effected/slowed down, can this be done directly in the reason sequencer or is there a better method?

cheers in advance.

jam-s

12 Oct 2023

I think it should be enough to disable stretch for that clip after importing it (via right click menu).

Eski

12 Oct 2023

Guess I was expecting it to just react to the playhead position, I totally forgot about disable stretch.
Cheers for that. :)

carterodell

19 Dec 2023

Eski wrote:
12 Oct 2023
Probably a simple fix but I've never had to do this before - I have a track I’m working on and in a section of the song I gradually slow down the tempo using a sequencer lane and then take it back up to speed again. I now want to layer some spoken word in this section without it being effected/slowed down, can this be done directly in the reason sequencer or is there a better method?

cheers in advance.
Disabling stretch for that clip after import (using the right-click menu) should be sufficient, in my opinion.

• Information