Is it possible to independently pan stacked instruments from within a combinator? (Reason 11)

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Mistro17

10 Oct 2023

I have a Kontakt instrument and Scenic within a combinator. They were placed together so I can play them both stacked together via keyboard. Now I would like to pan each instrument within the combinator independently so one leans more left and the other right. I'm not confident this is even possible because the signal from the combinator only have one channel on the mixer with one pan knob. The only other instruments are drums and a bass, both straight up the middle and I would like the lead melody instruments to not be panned only on one side. Looking for a solution for this. Any advice is welcome.

Loque

10 Oct 2023

Or in a rack mixer into the Combinator and connect the instruments to this mixer.
Reason12, Win10

Mistro17

10 Oct 2023

Loque wrote:
10 Oct 2023
Or in a rack mixer into the Combinator and connect the instruments to this mixer.
Will panning still be heard even though the combinator is set at the middle on the final mixer? I will give it a shot.

Mistro17

10 Oct 2023

Thanks @Loque! Adding a line mixer in the combi worked beautifully. :thumbup:

Loque

10 Oct 2023

Mistro17 wrote:
10 Oct 2023
Thanks @Loque! Adding a line mixer in the combi worked beautifully. :thumbup:
Excellent. HF
Reason12, Win10

• Information