Triggering mini sequences

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
CeeKeys

05 Aug 2023

Despite Reason's armory of devices that assist with playing, I'm having trouble isolating a single procedure or device to accomplish the following:

I play live - Sometimes there are too many parts to play live so I look for a way to trigger a phrase to 'automate' its playing - whether it's a one bar measure, two or three. It might be a series of chord stabs, or a solo line or a chain of sound effects. The first challenge is trigger the 'loop' so that it plays through only once. The second challenge is to ensure the tempo matches the live playing - which I have to set a tap-tempo button while playing before I use my 'triggered' sequence.

I have experimented with using Phrase Key Triggered Sequencer (by Retouch Control), Dr. OctoRex, and all the Player Devices but haven't found my "go-to" solution for this. What devices would you use and how would you set it up?

Noise
Competition Winner

05 Aug 2023

What about Sequences from robotic bean ?
Put sequences in 1-SHOT mode, flip the rack, and add a Trig IN input, for example coming from kong ?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... sequences/

Then you could automate or assign a midi controller to select the activer pattern for other "sequences"

Good luck!
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

huggermugger

05 Aug 2023

+1 for Noise's suggestion to use Sequences in 1-Shot mode.

Note, if you want to trigger a sequence manually, no need to use the Trig IN on the back. Simply put the instrument that Sequences is controlling into MIDI focus, and hit a key when you want the trigger the Sequence.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-08-05 at 1.22.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-05 at 1.22.38 PM.png (264.76 KiB) Viewed 1896 times

CeeKeys

13 Aug 2023

Thanks for the tips. I have found that using Dr. OctoRex, I can use the D0 key to trigger the active loop slot to play ONCE through. So as long as I have tempo, I can trigger this one-shot. What would we do without documentation?

DaveyG

14 Aug 2023

What Reason *really* needs is a clip launcher like Live. I may have mentioned it before. Just wait there while I get my soapbox....

• Information