Looking for a Mentor/Teacher (Paid)

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
surajlaungani

28 Jul 2023

Hi,
I've been producing on Reason for the last 15 years so not a novice by any means. I'm looking for someone to help me breakdown and hone my skills at spatial EQ and mastering Vocals and Bass tracks better.

Happy to pay by the hour for these lessons and I'm not averse to multiple lessons. The goal is to upskill here.

Happy to connect directly with anyone who can spare the time!

challism

28 Jul 2023

Mataya wrote:
28 Jul 2023
Just use youtube for free.

M
Or.. hire me to send you selected youtube videos that are part of my course (that I'm totally not making up on the spot).
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

PhillipOrdonez

28 Jul 2023

challism wrote:
28 Jul 2023
Mataya wrote:
28 Jul 2023
Just use youtube for free.

M
Or.. hire me to send you selected youtube videos that are part of my course (that I'm totally not making up on the spot).
I mean, how else is it going to be if not in the spot? This is meant to be personalized 🤷‍♂️

I could do it, op, if we match musically.

selig
RE Developer

29 Jul 2023

I think you may have also posted this on the Reason Reddit, and I’ll answer similarly. First, what do you mean by “spatial” EQ?
My suggestion is to get feedback from more than one person. I can’t tell you how amazing it was when I was first assisting at a big studio to see how different engineers used the tools. Sometimes they used different tools and got a similar sound, others they used the same tools and got different sounds. This really not only gave me a wide base to build my skill set upon, but also showed how the gear was only a part of the equation.
At first I just copied what those other folks did, slowly I found my own way and started developing my own techniques.
I feel if I had only had one source of information my own work would have been limited as well. There are SO many different ways to make music, all of them potentially valuable depending on your personal goals and musical genre(s).
Selig Audio, LLC

RobC

06 Aug 2023

selig wrote:
29 Jul 2023
I think you may have also posted this on the Reason Reddit, and I’ll answer similarly. First, what do you mean by “spatial” EQ?
My suggestion is to get feedback from more than one person. I can’t tell you how amazing it was when I was first assisting at a big studio to see how different engineers used the tools. Sometimes they used different tools and got a similar sound, others they used the same tools and got different sounds. This really not only gave me a wide base to build my skill set upon, but also showed how the gear was only a part of the equation.
At first I just copied what those other folks did, slowly I found my own way and started developing my own techniques.
I feel if I had only had one source of information my own work would have been limited as well. There are SO many different ways to make music, all of them potentially valuable depending on your personal goals and musical genre(s).
So what was the spatial EQ about? I mean, there are plenty things to do. Apply an IIR HPF at 20 Hz for the left channel for example, and IIRC, funny things happen, due to the copletely non-linear phase changes.
Or doing M/S EQ.

Engineering bass is a joke.
Vocals? A bit more complex, but still easy.

I would have helped, too... but my studio is still gutted. x D

crimsonwarlock

06 Aug 2023

RobC wrote:
06 Aug 2023
Hmmmm.... that depends on a whole lot of things :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

RobC

06 Aug 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
06 Aug 2023
RobC wrote:
06 Aug 2023
Hmmmm.... that depends on a whole lot of things :puf_wink:
Okay, it can be a pain, but nothing is impossible. Almost. : )

• Information