Cool trick: How to record a sample back into the same instrument that is being sampled

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4615
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill, Boomertown

Post 30 May 2023

Sampling for devices was introduced in Reason 6 (IIRC), but I never thought about sampling a device from itself back into its own sample bank (from and to the same device). But it is possible! You just have to click the button of the desired bank at the end of the recording (before you stop recording). So the desired back will be the last thing you press before you stop the recording. And Reason will put the newly recorded sample in that bank.

What do we call this? Self sampling?

BTW, I've got Mastering Section set up like this
ctrl room.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
Quarmat
Competition Winner
Posts: 452
Joined: 11 Feb 2021
Location: Europe

Post 31 May 2023

That French is frightening 😮 but the trick is super useful and fast! Thank you, wasn't aware of this feature !

User avatar
dan_g
Posts: 361
Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Location: Germany

Post 31 May 2023

thats pretty neat! thanks for that hack.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4615
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill, Boomertown

Post 31 May 2023

Quarmat wrote:
31 May 2023
That French is frightening 😮 but the trick is super useful and fast! Thank you, wasn't aware of this feature !
My frightening French is a tribute (of sorts) to the French developer Inkphonik whose device (RX1200) I was using when I discovered this cool trick.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
Quarmat
Competition Winner
Posts: 452
Joined: 11 Feb 2021
Location: Europe

Post 01 Jun 2023

challism wrote:
31 May 2023
My frightening French is a tribute (of sorts) to the French developer Inkphonik whose device (RX1200) I was using when I discovered this cool trick.
I hope I did not sound rude, it was not my intention :)

French is very difficult for English speakers, very different vocal posture, let alone the 'R' sound.

It is also vice versa, Daft Punk had an awful English until I guess mid 00s 😂

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4615
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill, Boomertown

Post 01 Jun 2023

Quarmat wrote:
01 Jun 2023
challism wrote:
31 May 2023
My frightening French is a tribute (of sorts) to the French developer Inkphonik whose device (RX1200) I was using when I discovered this cool trick.
I hope I did not sound rude, it was not my intention :)

French is very difficult for English speakers, very different vocal posture, let alone the 'R' sound.

It is also vice versa, Daft Punk had an awful English until I guess mid 00s 😂
Not rude at all. My French is absolutely dreadful. I took it for 2 years in high school but spent most of the time looking out the window. I should note that the French in the video was spoken intentionally harsh for effect. Buy, yeah, it was frightening, nonetheless.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
rgdaniel
Posts: 591
Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Location: Canada

Post 01 Jun 2023

Outstanding, thanks!

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests