Europa as a Sampler

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Benedict
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2021

From a discussion on a FB Group where someone tried to say that I was wrong that Europa will operate as a Sampler (it even records, suck on that Kontakt!!!)

I also remind people that asking an audio/music Q without letting people see/hear the issue is a bit pointless. OBS is your friend and pretty easy to use. A screencast shows exactly what you are doing so people can help accurately (doesn't need a talking head).

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Ethan_Music

28 Dec 2021

Thanks for the vid, it is helpful, but all I'm trying to do is change the sound of the output of the Dr Octo Rex - as mentioned, trying to use the Combi sound as an effect on the Octo Rex, much like I would use a phaser or flanger.

If I export as audio then use the audio sample on the Combi track, that means I have to do that with every drum pattern change.
Plus I lose the ability to tweak the sounds in the Octo Rex which Id like to do

I will try and put it into the Combi again. I did try this but to no avail. I have done this before, but the routing Im missing something.

Bes
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2021

ethan i'm just guessing that you dont know where the combinator audio L/R inputs are?

benedicts not wrong, communicating visually is pretty helpful if we don't have similar levels of technical jargon understanding
- Certified Reason expert

Bes
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2021

also maybe you wanto read this page from the help docs The Combinator : About internal and external audio connections
- Certified Reason expert

raymondh

29 Dec 2021

Nice one Benedict. Reason sure is a great creative playground. You do make it look easy though, you're a master of the tool!

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2021

Thanks Ray

Is it not easy? I must say that it has never felt too hard to me. Not to say that I don't have to work on understanding how to do some things. Like I have never managed to make any of those "paint stripper" sounds that feel like they work as they should. I guess I march to my own drum and let that become what I am good at (not drumming lol).

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

BRIGGS

29 Dec 2021

r11s

arnigretar

30 Dec 2021

I enjoyed this! Thanks Benedict :)
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Creativemind

30 Dec 2021

But you still wouldn't use Europa as a sampler would you? it is essentially wavetable synth.

I certainly wouldn't. I'd use the NN-XT or Mimic but ok, Europa can be altered to make it like a sampler and do cool things which is ok but I wouldn't use it as a sampler personally. Interesting video though.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

BRIGGS

30 Dec 2021

Creativemind wrote:
30 Dec 2021
But you still wouldn't use Europa as a sampler would you? it is essentially wavetable synth.

I certainly wouldn't. I'd use the NN-XT or Mimic but ok, Europa can be altered to make it like a sampler and do cool things which is ok but I wouldn't use it as a sampler personally. Interesting video though.
It depends on what you want to do with your sample.
r11s

RandomNoise

30 Dec 2021

Creativemind wrote:
30 Dec 2021

Same here. In fact I usually use Grain for creative sampling manipulation. Very similar to what Europa provides, but with extra features dedicated for manipulating the sample.

• Information