Delay only track

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
JerrelTheKing

21 Dec 2021

How to create a track or mix channel in reason that only plays the delay throws of a vocal. I know how this is done in pro tools but how is this done in Reason?

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2021

JerrelTheKing wrote:
21 Dec 2021
How to create a track or mix channel in reason that only plays the delay throws of a vocal. I know how this is done in pro tools but how is this done in Reason?
You can create a delay send by dropping a delay under the master section in the rack (or wire it up manually)

Then you can control the send amount in the mixer

PhillipOrdonez

21 Dec 2021

You're looking for send effects. This link may help (didn't watch, bit I know that guy knows how to use Reason, even though he's kinda weird, so can trust he tells you what you need)

JerrelTheKing

21 Dec 2021

So I know how to use send effects my question is about how to create a track that only plays the actual effect. In the case of delays on vocals something that just has the actual delay..

PhillipOrdonez

21 Dec 2021

Do you want any of the dry signal?

PhillipOrdonez

21 Dec 2021

I mean, the way I do throws, I the dry signal and in parallel, the effected signal. That is achieved by send effects, which you say you know how to use. So not sure I understand your question.

PhillipOrdonez

21 Dec 2021

Okay I think I know what you mean, you want to have the send on its own mix channel? You can do this by routing the output of the send effect into a mix channel, there you can have a chain of effects for your throws

JerrelTheKing

21 Dec 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
21 Dec 2021
Okay I think I know what you mean, you want to have the send on its own mix channel? You can do this by routing the output of the send effect into a mix channel, there you can have a chain of effects for your throws
Ok thanks let me try that then

PhillipOrdonez

21 Dec 2021

That's fine for effects like throws, but not advised for other processing cause there's delay compensation issues that can arise that will not be accounted for and mess up your phase

QVprod

21 Dec 2021

Parallel channels is another way to do this. Set the effect to 100% Wet.

huggermugger

22 Dec 2021

Route the Delay output to its own Mix Channel.
Be sure to set the Delay to 100% wet, and be careful not to send the Delay Mix Channel back to the Delay (unless you want some crazy feedback).
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 8.58.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 8.58.27 AM.png (575.15 KiB) Viewed 821 times

Marc64

23 Dec 2021

Activate the send and pre where you have the delay and turn down the channels volume for only the send effect to be heard. turn up the volume to add/hear the dry sound.

Benedict
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2021

There is not necessarily any need to even have another Mix Channel here as this can be done within the Insert box of the vocal track.

Either use a Splitter or a Send using one of the Line Mixers to establish a pair of streams for the audio. You can then process each stream as you wish and bring them back together using a Merger, Line Mixer or the Free Morphin Crossfader RE. Lots of flexibility and all in the one box so signal flow is contained to one place for ease of viewing. You can even assign Combi knobs etc for Automation on the Vocal Track. Tidy is as tidy does and all that life is like a box of shrimp stuff.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information