How to overcome this VST mapping problem with any kind of a stock trick?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Heigen5

19 Dec 2021

http://www.reflexion-x.com/downloads/A_ReaXComp_Bug.mp4

As shown in this video the mapped multiband bars skip the lower values in the ReaXcomp. How to get it right?
I asked this question during the beta and somebody said I could use Thor to fix this. Anyone knows how?
If I get this done, I'll happily share this combi2 then with the community. Thanks!

The combi2 patch itself is this: http://www.reflexion-x.com/downloads/Ma ... ing_X4.cmb

deeplink
Competition Winner

19 Dec 2021

Interesting dilemma.

Does it behave the same way when you set the min and max value of the sliders to a lower value? e.g instead of 0-127, rather 0-20

The only alternative I can imagine - however I doubt it will work - is to use CV instead of the direct control from the Combinator;
- Combinator slider mapped to Thor Rotary Control [Combinator Programmer]
- Thor Rotary to CV 1 Out [Thor Mod Matrix]
- Thor CV Out to CV In of ReaXcomp
- CV In to band threshold [VST Programmer]
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Heigen5

20 Dec 2021

deeplink wrote:
19 Dec 2021
Interesting dilemma.

Does it behave the same way when you set the min and max value of the sliders to a lower value? e.g instead of 0-127, rather 0-20

The only alternative I can imagine - however I doubt it will work - is to use CV instead of the direct control from the Combinator;
- Combinator slider mapped to Thor Rotary Control [Combinator Programmer]
- Thor Rotary to CV 1 Out [Thor Mod Matrix]
- Thor CV Out to CV In of ReaXcomp
- CV In to band threshold [VST Programmer]
If I have it 1-20, it skips it differently but skips anyway then too. I just noticed I had it set 1-30%. But 1-100% doesn't do it right either. :puf_bigsmile:

Heigen5

12 Jan 2022

Does anyone happen to know if the ReaXcomp's ratio would sound the same, if I'd feed more gain to it and reduce it down afterwards?
So basically feeding more gain with the Maximizer and reducing it the same amount with another one would sound the same as using the ReaXcomp's ratio?

• Information