5 Things to Do Every Song in Reason

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Stock Music Musician

08 Dec 2021

Hey folks,
Feel like you've hit a plateau with your mixing? Or maybe you just feel like your mixes sound amateurish and lacking in polish?
Maybe you're mixing pretty well, but things just don't seem to fit together cohesively?
Well here are 5 easy things to do every mix to bring your songs to life so that you can create music you're proud to share:
- Add "vibe" to instruments to create enhance the song's emotion
- Match the drum & bass and prioritize which gets the low-end
- Fill the stereo field with instruments using panning, stereo widening (and narrowing!), mono, the Haas effect, and more
- Engage in "placemaking" through reverb to create a compelling sense of space
- Enhance the song's groove using compression, sidechaining, and bus compressors

Watch this quick video to learn exactly how to put all of these tricks into practice. You'll see just how much they can transform your track!

See exactly how to do it here: https://youtu.be/cr8hY2ZXl6k

Are there other things you do every track?

Billy+

08 Dec 2021

It's a shame that YouTube removed the thumbs down counter....

Oh and the template requires you enter your email address.........

guitfnky

08 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
08 Dec 2021

It's a shame that YouTube removed the thumbs down counter....

Oh and the template requires you enter your email address.........
who says class is dead?
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Billy+

08 Dec 2021

guitfnky wrote:
08 Dec 2021
who says class is dead?
Maybe it's my age but it really bothers me when things like this slip through the click bate / moderator net

And it's posted in the tutorial section :lol:

It's definitely a lesson but I'm not sure it's a learning experience and I'm positive that the template isn't worth the email address.

Maybe the "tuber" should post the template and see if it increases his views rather than just collecting marketing addresses.

guitfnky

08 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
08 Dec 2021
guitfnky wrote:
08 Dec 2021
who says class is dead?
Maybe it's my age but it really bothers me when things like this slip through the click bate / moderator net

And it's posted in the tutorial section :lol:

It's definitely a lesson but I'm not sure it's a learning experience and I'm positive that the template isn't worth the email address.

Maybe the "tuber" should post the template and see if it increases his views rather than just collecting marketing addresses.
what’s the complaint? who cares if you don’t like the guy, or the format, or if he’s trying to grow his channel or whatever? that’s Youtube. don’t like it? don’t watch. at least he’s doing trying to make something to help people out. beats complaining about Youtubers on an internet forum.

Loque

08 Dec 2021

Here is what i do
1. Start Reason
2. Add instruments
3. Create patches
4. Write a song
5. Save song

And yea, for my mixing i do those 5
1. Add thumb
2. Make it analog and warm
3. Brithen it up
4. Balance it
5. Make it thick

Thank you.
Reason12, Win10

Billy+

08 Dec 2021

guitfnky wrote:
08 Dec 2021
at least he’s doing trying to make something to help people out.

beats complaining about Youtubers on an internet forum.
I'm fairly certain that he's just trying to help himself
It's less of a complaint and more a warning

Billy+

08 Dec 2021

Loque wrote:
08 Dec 2021
Here is what i do
1. Start Reason
2. Add instruments
3. Create patches
4. Write a song
5. Save song

1. Add thumb
3. Brithen it up
4. Balance it
5. Make it thick

Thank you.
That's a perfect example of the content and the best bit is you haven't tried to scavenge emails for sale to 3rd parties who no doubt will hassle and resell the addresses for eternity.

guitfnky

08 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
08 Dec 2021
guitfnky wrote:
08 Dec 2021
at least he’s doing trying to make something to help people out.

beats complaining about Youtubers on an internet forum.
fairly certain you can’t know someone else’s motivations (not that it even matters). whine some more, it’s a good look. 👍🏼👍🏼

Billy+

08 Dec 2021

guitfnky wrote:
08 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
08 Dec 2021

fairly certain you can’t know someone else’s motivations (not that it even matters). whine some more, it’s a good look. 👍🏼👍🏼
:lol:

So you watched?
And handed over your email address?

What was the helpful insight that you might try on your next project?

joeyluck

08 Dec 2021

Great video :thumbup:
Over 27 min sharing personal tips and thoroughly walking through each of them. Time stamped and no ads. My kind of YouTube content :clap:

rcbuse
RE Developer

08 Dec 2021

Loque wrote:
08 Dec 2021
1. Add thumb
3. Brithen it up
4. Balance it
5. Make it thick
That's amazing. That's exactly how I like my coffee.
0xC0FFEE.jpg
0xC0FFEE.jpg (463.17 KiB) Viewed 2939 times

guitfnky

08 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
08 Dec 2021
guitfnky wrote:
08 Dec 2021

So you watched?

it doesn’t matter whether one guy found it insightful. I watched part of it, and it’s not for me, but that means nothing. someone else might find it useful, whether you or I think it has value or not.

why you feel the need to spend your time whining about some dude’s Youtube channel on a two-bit DAW music forum is beyond me (all due respect to RS—most music forums don’t even rise to the two-bit level). even more perplexing is why I’m giving you the attention you want.

so, good on us both. we’ve really got our priorities sorted, yeah?

Billy+

08 Dec 2021

guitfnky wrote:
08 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
08 Dec 2021

So you watched?

it doesn’t matter whether one guy found it insightful. I watched part of it, and it’s not for me, but that means nothing. someone else might find it useful, whether you or I think it has value or not.

why you feel the need to spend your time whining about some dude’s Youtube channel on a two-bit DAW music forum is beyond me (all due respect to RS—most music forums don’t even rise to the two-bit level). even more perplexing is why I’m giving you the attention you want.

so, good on us both. we’ve really got our priorities sorted, yeah?
Well it's 3am and I can't sleep I'm not sure what you're reason is but mines obvious

I yawned and warned

Creativemind

08 Dec 2021

Have nothing against the guy or his channel but my first initial thoughts on his tutorial, what qualifies him to give people advice on how to improve your tracks, he a professional producer or something?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

BumCuddle

09 Dec 2021

Well I clicked his link to the template, entered my email and was then confronted by an endless scrolling spam page selling his course.
Checked my email with a link to the template, grabbed it, opened it up to see a mess of channels and groups geared towards drums and guitars which is useless to me. I thought it was a mastering template?
Good luck to the guy but I feel he was being less than honest in his approach to selling his course.
I unsubscribed from his spamming list.

Loque

09 Dec 2021

Is this scam or spam? Please report. We handle this with hard consequences.
Reason12, Win10

Arpeg
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2021

Loque wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Is this scam or spam? Please report. We handle this with hard consequences.
Well, I watch him on Youtube just for anything Reason related. Not downloaded his template but I rarely download anyone's template. Apart from his quick 2 min video on the Bassline Generator arrival, his latest video is the link up above. He is a genuine Reason user and for me the video is for anyone at beginners level. Sure, he's trying to sell his product but it is straight up and down, if you don't want or like it, don't go there. I don't :puf_smile:

StephenHutchinson

10 Dec 2021

rcbuse wrote:
08 Dec 2021
Loque wrote:
08 Dec 2021
1. Add thumb
3. Brithen it up
4. Balance it
5. Make it thick
That's amazing. That's exactly how I like my coffee.

0xC0FFEE.jpg
I'm espescially fonde ofv the "Brithen it up" parte ofv dese sekwence of steppes. Butte Thath jess mite bee da "Brithesh" ansestree in mee.

P.S. I almost had an aneurysm writing that.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

PhillipOrdonez

10 Dec 2021

I see his name, I avoid like the plague. Rubbed me the wrong way a few years back when he did exactly the same. It was something advertised as free, but it's not free cause you got to sign up. I get enough spam already, I don't need some stock music musician spamming me about courses and shit.

Stock music can't be so good business for him if he's pushing more courses and YouTube and shit instead of producing stock music. 🤷‍♂️

Plus, it is stock music after all. I mean... 😂😂😂 Come on.

Hate to say this but I'm with Billy minus on this one.

StephenHutchinson

10 Dec 2021

BumCuddle wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Well I clicked his link to the template, entered my email and was then confronted by an endless scrolling spam page selling his course.
Checked my email with a link to the template, grabbed it, opened it up to see a mess of channels and groups geared towards drums and guitars which is useless to me. I thought it was a mastering template?
Good luck to the guy but I feel he was being less than honest in his approach to selling his course.
I unsubscribed from his spamming list.
This was pretty much the same experience I had in 2020... although a bit more complicated. On the first series of taking a run at getting the template, I was not able to get the download at all. It just kept sending me through an endless loop, so I gave up. A few month's later I tried again, got the download and was met with the same impression of the "mastering template." Having watched a number of Stock Music Musician's videos, I have been somewhat underwhelmed. I understand YouTubers need to figure out a way to make a living but I think there are better offerings out there. Just my 2 cents worth.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

joeyluck

10 Dec 2021

Well he only posted the link to his video here and made no mention of the template here. Not sure how that became the topic of this thread.

He is only sharing his tips and in this thread and sounds like he's trying to have a conversation here by asking, "Are there other things you do every track?"

And again, the video above contains no ads/no interruptions.

Evan is cool dude and he's written before for ReasonTalk's front page. I see nothing wrong with signing up for something if you want that something. I equally dislike seeing something like a Combinator patch downloaded from the forum 200 times and have few or no comments in the thread.

But again, this thread and the topic of the video aren't about a template to download.

• Information