how to make Calvin Harris - summer bass sound??

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
samsome

24 Oct 2021

i tried Saw waveform with Saw Sub and Filter,i also put little glide

Here it is, its from 1:30-1:35 of the real song
https://voca.ro/1b9QqyuhuZ4r
but i think its missing a lot of detail maybe its FM i don't know...

also can you please tell me from 1:34-1:35 there's 3 higher pitched bass notes with a slide down it sounds so different to mine, is there a chance calvin harris used a real bass to get this effect on those 3 higher slide notes.......i think it might be a real bass it sounds so difficult to get that through a synth

rootwheel

24 Oct 2021

samsome wrote:
24 Oct 2021

also can you please tell me from 1:34-1:35 there's 3 higher pitched bass notes with a slide down it sounds so different to mine, is there a chance calvin harris used a real bass to get this effect on those 3 higher slide notes.......i think it might be a real bass it sounds so difficult to get that through a synth
It's either a synth bass made to sound like an old funk electric bass guitar, or it's an electric bass guitar patch that's been made to sound a bit like a synth. Either way I've heard sounds a bit like that on Avenger VST:

Check out the BA Slim Fit EBass patch on that demo. I'm not sure quite how to go about recreating that sound within Reason-only devices but I'm sure it is possible with the right expertise!

samsome

24 Oct 2021

rootwheel wrote:
24 Oct 2021
samsome wrote:
24 Oct 2021

It's either a synth bass made to sound like an old funk electric bass guitar, or it's an electric bass guitar patch that's been made to sound a bit like a synth. Either way I've heard sounds a bit like that on Avenger VST:

Check out the BA Slim Fit EBass patch on that demo. I'm not sure quite how to go about recreating that sound within Reason-only devices but I'm sure it is possible with the right expertise!
thanks for your input.......I can't believe how hard is to identify some sounds......

i was also searching for She wolf - david guetta lead synth......so many remakes on youtube and none sounds like it.........

its so hard to find them...

thanks

• Information