MacBook Touch Bar

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
LaudusDeWire

18 Oct 2021

IMG_1400.jpg
IMG_1400.jpg (229.53 KiB) Viewed 357 times
Have you ever wondered how to use the touchbar of your MacBook for Reason?

There is a little tool called BetterTouchTool. BTT is a small app that allows you to customize the touchbar.

Just select the right icons for Mixer, Rack, Sequencer, EQ etc. and call the Reason shortcuts.

It's so much fun :clap:
Soundcloud

:reason: R12 | 🎹 Sequential Pro 3 | 🥁 Arturia Drum Brute Impact | 🎛 Synapse Dune 3

dvdrtldg

18 Oct 2021

This is cool, but overall I don't quite get the touchbar. I guess BTT saves me from having to hit the fn button when switching between mixer/rack/sequencer/etc, but otherwise those controls already have to be accessed on the touchbar as F5, F6, F7 etc. As for Play, surely it's more easily stopped & started via the space bar

With other DAWs that map automatically to the touchbar, I find its usefulness very limited. E.g. WaveLab, which is vast and complex and has a million different functions that I use for every session. How many of them can I access via the touchbar.... maybe 10? There doesn't seem to be much point. And why would I reach awkwardly over the keyboard to access them, when keystrokes & touchpad are easier & quicker?

Maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, my time to make friends with the touchbar is running short: the new MacBook Pro has gotten rid of it

Bloma

20 Oct 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
18 Oct 2021
This is cool, but overall I don't quite get the touchbar. I guess BTT saves me from having to hit the fn button when switching between mixer/rack/sequencer/etc, but otherwise those controls already have to be accessed on the touchbar as F5, F6, F7 etc. As for Play, surely it's more easily stopped & started via the space bar

With other DAWs that map automatically to the touchbar, I find its usefulness very limited. E.g. WaveLab, which is vast and complex and has a million different functions that I use for every session. How many of them can I access via the touchbar.... maybe 10? There doesn't seem to be much point. And why would I reach awkwardly over the keyboard to access them, when keystrokes & touchpad are easier & quicker?

Maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, my time to make friends with the touchbar is running short: the new MacBook Pro has gotten rid of it
Just so you know, you can set it so the F keys are always showing for any particular app.

tronam

21 Oct 2021

It makes me a little sad that I didn't take better advantage of the TouchBar in the time we had together. Farewell, sweet prince.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

• Information