Remote maps and Combi 2

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Jackjackdaw

06 Sep 2021

I , like everyone else probably, would like to use the combi 2 to represent my control surfaces. I have a Korg nano control mixer which is recognised by Reason so I guess it already has a remote map. How do I get the knobs I create in the combi to correspond to the correct knobs on the controller? It would be great if I didn't have to lock the controller to a specific device and it controlled whichever one is selected.

Italophile

06 Sep 2021

You'll need to find and edit the nanoKONTROL2.remotemap

deeplink
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2021

Edit the Remote Map of your nanocontrol to include Rotary 5, 6,7... 32 and Button 5, 6, 7... Etc.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Jackjackdaw

06 Sep 2021

Ok cool. Is there a reference guide somewhere that explains what goes into a remote map? I find that when I start fiddling around with code and guessing what things are I usually make a mess of it.

artotaku

06 Sep 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
06 Sep 2021
Ok cool. Is there a reference guide somewhere that explains what goes into a remote map? I find that when I start fiddling around with code and guessing what things are I usually make a mess of it.
https://developer.reasonstudios.com/dow ... r-products
Click on one of the Remote dowloads zip files. They contain some PDF where the spec of the remotemaps are explained.

deeplink
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2021

Further to the above, if you prefer watching than reading

Also there's a SoundOnSound article called Hacking Reason Remote
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Catblack

06 Sep 2021

You should also look inside the nanocontrol lua file and see that there are a bunch of extra slider, knob and button items defined. Perhaps those are shift-controls somehow? But you should be able to add those in.

So use a text editor with whitespace shown, it's tab delineated.

Go into the remotemap and find the combinator scope. Duplicate the knob and button definitions and rename them 1-32.

Go into your lua file and see what items are defined. Go back to the remotemap and plop those names into the correct column. Save the remotemap and share it on Reasontalk if it works.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Jackjackdaw

06 Sep 2021

Thanks all! I will get stuck in when I get a bit of time.

• Information