Here's a situation -
Throughout a hypothetical song there is some Perc Sounds - e.g perhaps stabs, fills, percussive hits.
These sounds all are on their own channels.
Sometimes the sounds occur at the same time, sometimes in a question/answer manner.
More importantly, these sounds are to played dry at times, and other times with an effect - e.g with a reverb, then with a delay, then completely filter etc.
The idea is to have the same sound play, but just with a little variance/interest when it plays again.
The question is, what is the best way to achieve this?
- Have the effects on sends, and automate the send on/off ?
- Have the effect on inserts Automate the effect "on/off" switch or dry/wet ?
- Use midi on the effect device (e.g Midi gate the reverb, midi trig the delay) ?
- Have the effect on parrellel channel and automate the mute/unmute of effect channels?
- Bounce the effect to audio and manage is that way?