Question about sampling for RS Samplers

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Chi-Individual

06 Mar 2021

If I wanted to use an outside sound, say from a hardware synth, imported into NNXT or NN19 across the entire keyboard how would I need to bounce the samples to audio to get the best results?

Root-7th-Octave-7th-Octave-etc Of a scale (say CMaj) across the entire keyboard?
Root-Octave-Octave-etc?
1-3-5-7-9-etc?

What would be the best way to have a sample playable in the samplers so I can use without the hardware, or software?

mjxl

07 Mar 2021

Depends on how you use the sound :) !

Recording a sound for use as a 'regular' instrument, you'd probably be best sticking somewhere in the middle of the keyboard.
If you use the sound for use in the higher range of the sound spectrum, it might be better to go up a little bit, or down a little bit for an instrument that's placed in the lower region.
Just try recording a few notes (and chords even) and test it out :)

Creating a Wavetable (for Europa etc) has some 'rules', depending on your sample rate you 'need' to use certain notes:

Code: Select all

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JZ40UIUYTY

44.1k - F0
48k - Gb/F#0
88.2k - F1
96k - Gb/F#1
176.4k - F2
192k - Gb/F#2

QVprod

07 Mar 2021

Sampling every 3rd or 6th note is a common practice... at least for the majority of the keyboard. You can stretch the higher or lower notes more if you don't need those ranges as much.

• Information