predelay on effect sends?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
slightlyprog

19 Jan 2021

Is this possible, and if so how can you do it?

If I want to use ONE reverb as a send effect, and I want to delay the sends from different channels. So just as an example, I want a 50ms delay on the send from the guitar, a 100ms delay on the send from the vocal, 30ms delay on the send from the piano.

I cannot see any way to patch a delay into the effects sends, but perhaps I am missing something obvious?

Please do not suggest using multiple instances of the reverb in the send effects with various delays patched in front of them (or indeed just in the available predelay settings some reverbs have) - I am well aware this is possible, so that is not what I am asking :-)

Loque

19 Jan 2021

The easiest way would be IMO, to use a parallel channel for your channel, which has a >delay< fx inside as an insert fx with full wet, no feedback and your delay time.

The maybe more complicated way may be several send delay fx, from where you send to your reverb.
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

19 Jan 2021

sounds similar to something I’ve been thinking about lately, and I don’t think it’s possible in an easy/intuitive way. there are times I’d like to be able to EQ frequencies of the different tracks being sent to a reverb independently. a lot of people put an EQ in front of a reverb send so they can reduce certain frequencies in the reverb. I often want to leave the reverb as is for the most part (say guitars, bass, skinned drums), but EQ out certain frequencies going to the reverb for other stuff (cymbals, vocals, etc.). I could be wrong, but I’m not aware of this kind of thing being available in any DAW. it would be very welcome.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information